Author Topic: GOP goes quiet on ObamaCare  (Read 1696 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: GOP goes quiet on ObamaCare
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »
So do you believe Republicans are less corrupt, but only slightly? It seems more likely to me than the entire thing is bought and paid for and little more than a show to keep the masses placated.

Congress does have that feel, doesn't it? Like it is all one big show. Pelosi and Reid do their dance and say crazy shit, and the Pubs do their gig, and read their parts. It is like it is all just a play, and we do not know who the writers, directors, and producers are.

The only constant is that nothing ever really changes, except for the worse like Obamacare. Everything always stays essentially the same or it gets worse, no matter who is running the show. Obviously Republicans are more moderate than radical Liberals, but they rarely if ever effect any meaningful change.

Everything just plods along, the same or worse just like it has been for decade after decade. Does anyone really think there will ever be a 'fair tax' for example? Of course not. The 'powers' that run the shadow government will never allow it. They are the ones who are really calling the shots.

Does anyone think we will ever reform our involvement with the U.N.? or that we will ever reign in the EPA nazi stormtroopers? Of course not. These things are 'not allowed' no matter who the President is. These things are off the table by the powers that be no matter who is in charge.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 03:57:15 pm »
It seems to me that instead of continuing to play their game and elect the lesser of two evils we should be trying to change the game so we are actually players.

There is a contingent of us that are actually trying to do that - but it is extremely difficult to "fight the system" and mistakes will be made along the way.  I hope that we are learning both from our mistakes and the tyrannical tactics used on us by both parties, and that - although we are making some slow progress - it is progress nonetheless.

We are a grassroots movement in its infancy.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 03:58:53 pm »
It seems to me that instead of continuing to play their game and elect the lesser of two evils we should be trying to change the game so we are actually players.

Well... you have the players, the coaches and the owners.  Politicians are players, Soros is a coach, the owners are ?

As I said earlier in the thread; if you wanna be a playa, you have to play along or you will get a bad case of lead poisoning...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 04:03:30 pm »
There is a contingent of us that are actually trying to do that - but it is extremely difficult to "fight the system" and mistakes will be made along the way.  I hope that we are learning both from our mistakes and the tyrannical tactics used on us by both parties, and that - although we are making some slow progress - it is progress nonetheless.

We are a grassroots movement in its infancy.

You're not going to get far trying to work inside a party that we have already determined is largely corrupted by big money.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 04:09:37 pm »
You're not going to get far trying to work inside a party that we have already determined is largely corrupted by big money.

We actually have to reach out to all people.  It's like I told the anthropogenic global-warmist who didn't like my evidence because it was sponsored by 'big money'.

I told him that if he didn't think 'big money' was positioned to get rich off of him through 'global-warming controls', he was a fool.  I think he 'got it' because that was the last I heard from him.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:10:16 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:44 am »
240b wrote above:
[[ Nothing, nothing at all will ever change no matter who is running the circus until the entire government is replaced. I am not sure what it would take to make that happen. ]]

You're completely right, of course.

It's become obvious that the Republican party is not even going to attempt to reverse the course that Obama and the leftists have set the nation towards. If anything, I sense the members of the Republican establishment fully realize that they are destined to become a regional (not "national") party, perhaps never to win a presidential election again -- yet are fully satisfied with that reality, SO LONG AS they get to have "the minority seat" at the table and access to the perks and pleasures of being in the big government.

I think it's also obvious -- even though most (or nearly all) of the participants of this forum won't openly admit as much -- that the gargantua which the DC government has become will never be "replaced" without an upheaval that almost certainly will involve confrontation and violence.

But getting back to what you said above -- "what would it take to make that happen" ??

I sense "it" will involve something of a currency collapse, a la the Weimar Republic circa 1923. When such gimmicks as "quantative easing" have fallen by the wayside, with no hope of a real "fix" in sight, because no one has the intestinal fortitude to enact measures that would cause real pain amongst the people. This particularly applies to the democrats/leftists -- who could imagine them revoking the Section 8, the EBT, the ObamaCare, the ObamaPhones ??

"It" will happen when the lights don't work -- not because the you didn't pay the bill, but because the light company can't pay -its- bills any more.

"It" will happen when La'toyatisha goes to the supermarket, tries to pay with the EBT card, and.... nothing -- funds cancelled.

"It" will happen when you go to the supermarket and try to buy some milk and meat -- and can't, because the farmers that used to supply such things had to sell or kill off all their cattle because the EPA passed new regulations regarding cow methane emissions that made it impossible to raise livestock any longer, at least at a profit.

"It" will happen when you can't find fresh vegetables any more, because out in California (where a huge chunk of the nation's agriculture is located) the federal and state EPA's have restricted water use to farmers to the point where the land is receding into a new manmade dust bowl.

"It" will happen when in California and much of the southwest, there isn't enough water left for humans, letalone agriculture. Drudge had an article up today about a town almost out of water.

The point may arrive -- slowly, but with the growing accumulation of factors, akin to a snowball rolling downhill -- where things simply STOP WORKING, regardless of the government's orders that they "start working again".

Maybe like the character Lewis (Burt Reynolds) said in Deliverance: "machines are gonna fail, the system's gonna fail. And then... who has the ability to survive...."

Let me give you an analogy. It's a little longish (to present all the info), but I think you'll get it.

Some years ago, out in California, there was an incident on the Southern Pacific Railroad involving a runaway train loaded with aggregate, may have been bauxite.

The particulars were that the train had been overloaded (it weighed substantially more than on the air brake slip given to the engineer), and that the dynamic brakes on the engines were only half-working (the dynamic brake is like an "engine brake" that holds the train back rougly analogous to the "Jake Brake" on a diesel truck).

Going down the mountain, the engineer tried an air application (mixed with dynamic) and found it wasn't keeping the train under control. At some point he tried emergency, but by then the train was moving fast enough (because of the excessive weight) that the brakes no longer had enough "braking horsepower" to restrain the train. In fact, the heat of the brake shoes against the wheels got so hot, that the shoes melted away -- making any hope of slowing the train down impossible.

As it ran away downgrade, it approached a developed area that had a sharp curve that at the speeds the train was moving, it wasn't going to negotiate. The conductor turned to the engineer, and said "This is where we're gonna die". (Aside: I know the story because it was told to me personally by another engineer who was a friend of the guy running the train.)

And that's where it went off, destroying a number of homes and killing several people.
The conductor -did- die, but the engineer survived, and eventually was paid a large settlement by the railroad and got his job back. The runaway was not attributed to him, because he had not been provided with proper information about the true weight of his train (something enginemen who run on mountain grades take very seriously), and because not all the engines were in suitable condition for such service (inoperative dynamic brakes).

Well, told you that to tell you this.

With a train racing downhill, without brakes at excessive speed, there is nothing that can stop it -- except for the inevitable wreck. There is no other possible solution. Forget what you saw in "Unstoppable" -- it was a shuck, and folks who made their living on the railroad laughed at it.

It's only AFTER the train has wrecked, that it's possible to clean up the debris, rebuild the track, and start over.

There is no one in DC that can stop the coming wreck.

The democrats certainly won't. Like communists, they'll lie to the end. To their last breath, they'll tell you that the train cannot wreck.
The Republicans won't, either. They'll be too busy enjoying the role of "tokens at the DC country club", and hey -- this is the democrats' fault, anyway. Let THEM solve it.

I kind of doubt that anyone with such ability will appear in the future, and even if he (or she) does, whatever cries he raises and whatever solutions he proposes will be shouted down in anger.

Yes, ANGER -- who are you, and why are you trying to derail our gravy train ?????
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:09:01 am by Fishrrman »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2014, 03:12:23 am »
240b wrote above:
[[ Nothing, nothing at all will ever change no matter who is running the circus until the entire government is replaced. I am not sure what it would take to make that happen. ]]

You're completely right, of course.

It's become obvious that the Republican party is not even going to attempt to reverse the course that Obama and the leftists have set the nation towards. If anything, I sense the members of the Republican establishment fully realize that they are destined to become a regional (not "national") party, perhaps never to win a presidential election again -- yet are fully satisfied with that reality, SO LONG AS they get to have "the minority seat" at the table and access to the perks and pleasures of being in the big government.

I think it's also obvious -- even though most (or nearly all) of the participants of this forum won't openly admit as much -- that the gargantua which the DC government has become will never be "replaced" without an upheaval that almost certainly will involve confrontation and violence.

But getting back to what you said above -- "what would it take to make that happen" ??

I sense "it" will involve something of a currency collapse, a la the Weimar Republic circa 1923. When such gimmicks as "quantative easing" have fallen by the wayside, with no hope of a real "fix" in sight, because no one has the intestinal fortitude to enact measures that would cause real pain amongst the people. This particularly applies to the democrats/leftists -- who could imagine them revoking the Section 8, the EBT, the ObamaCare, the ObamaPhones ??

"It" will happen when the lights don't work -- not because the you didn't pay the bill, but because the light company can't pay -its- bills any more.

"It" will happen when La'toyatisha goes to the supermarket, tries to pay with the EBT card, and.... nothing -- funds cancelled.

"It" will happen when you go to the supermarket and try to buy some milk and meat -- and can't, because the farmers that used to supply such things had to sell or kill off all their cattle because the EPA passed new regulations regarding cow methane emissions that made it impossible to raise livestock any longer, at least at a profit.

"It" will happen when you can't find fresh vegetables any more, because out in California (where a huge chunk of the nation's agriculture is located) the federal and state EPA's have restricted water use to farmers to the point where the land is receding into a new manmade dust bowl.

"It" will happen when in California and much of the southwest, there isn't enough water left for humans, letalone agriculture. Drudge had an article up today about a town almost out of water.

The point may arrive -- slowly, but with the growing accumulation of factors, akin to a snowball rolling downhill -- where things simply STOP WORKING, regardless of the government's orders that they "start working again".

Maybe like the character Lewis (Burt Reynolds) said in Deliverance: "machines are gonna fail, the system's gonna fail. And then... who has the ability to survive...."

Let me give you an analogy. It's a little longish (to present all the info), but I think you'll get it.

Some years ago, out in California, there was an incident on the Southern Pacific Railroad involving a runaway train loaded with aggregate, may have been bauxite.

The particulars were that the train had been overloaded (it weighed substantially more than on the air brake slip given to the engineer), and that the dynamic brakes on the engines were only half-working (the dynamic brake is like an "engine brake" that holds the train back rougly analogous to the "Jake Brake" on a diesel truck).

Going down the mountain, the engineer tried an air application (mixed with dynamic) and found it wasn't keeping the train under control. At some point he tried emergency, but by then the train was moving fast enough (because of the excessive weight) that the brakes no longer had enough "braking horsepower" to restrain the train. In fact, the heat of the brake shoes against the wheels got so hot, that the shoes melted away -- making any hope of slowing the train down impossible.

As it ran away downgrade, it approached a developed area that had a sharp curve that at the speeds the train was moving, it wasn't going to negotiate. The conductor turned to the engineer, and said "This is where we're gonna die". (Aside: I know the story because it was told to me personally by another engineer who was a friend of the guy running the train.)

And that's where it went off, destroying a number of homes and killing several people.
The conductor -did- die, but the engineer survived, and eventually was paid a large settlement by the railroad and got his job back. The runaway was not attributed to him, because he had not been provided with proper information about the true weight of his train (something enginemen who run on mountain grades take very seriously), and because not all the engines were in suitable condition for such service (inoperative dynamic brakes).

Well, told you that to tell you this.

With a train racing downhill, without brakes at excessive speed, there is nothing that can stop it -- except for the inevitable wreck. There is no other possible solution. Forget what you saw in "Unstoppable" -- it was a shuck, and folks who made their living on the railroad laughed at it.

It's only AFTER the train has wrecked, that it's possible to clean up the debris, rebuild the track, and start over.

There is no one in DC that can stop the coming wreck.

The democrats certainly won't. Like communists, they'll lie to the end. To their last breath, they'll tell you that the train cannot wreck.
The Republicans won't, either. They'll be too busy enjoying the role of "tokens at the DC country club", and hey -- this is the democrats' fault, anyway. Let THEM solve it.

I kind of doubt that anyone with such ability will appear in the future, and even if he (or she) does, whatever cries he raises and whatever solutions he proposes will be shouted down in anger.

Yes, ANGER -- who are you, and why are you trying to derail our gravy train ?????

Spot on.  And great analogy as well.  People are living in a fantasy world if they think "elections" are going to fix anything.  Maybe push off the date that the train goes off the track by a few years, but they ain't going to keep it on the rails.

Offline Relic

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 01:19:26 pm »

Very well said. I have been saying the same thing, although not as well as you have here, for some time.

We are headed to the crash, and no one with any power seems interested in doing anything to avoid it.