Author Topic: 2014 poll: Voter enthusiasm sinks  (Read 635 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2014 poll: Voter enthusiasm sinks
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:48:17 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=B4A25DAB-D31B-45D7-AA60-9B73D40AFC7E

2014 poll: Voter enthusiasm sinks
By: Jonathan Topaz
May 12, 2014 06:10 AM EDT

Voter enthusiasm is at its lowest level for midterm elections in at least 20 years, a new poll says.

According to a Gallup survey, 53 percent of voters report being less enthusiastic to vote in this election than in previous midterm elections and 35 percent report being more enthusiastic, marking a major dip in voter enthusiasm from the 2010 midterm elections.

Republicans hold an edge over Democrats in voter enthusiasm. GOP and right-leaning independent voters have an 8-point enthusiasm deficit, with 42 percent of voters more enthusiastic about voting and 50 percent of voters less enthusiastic. But Democrats and left-leaning independents have a far greater deficit, 23 percentage points, with just 32 percent of voters feeling more enthusiastic and 55 percent of voters feeling less so.

Republicans are less galvanized than they were in 2010, when the GOP scored huge victories to take back the House and win several seats in the Senate. In 2010, GOP voters reported a 34-point net enthusiasm surplus, by far the highest level reported in the past 20 years.

For the past three midterm elections — 2010, 2006 and 2002 — the party whose supporters have higher enthusiasm ratings has done better in November.

The Gallup poll was conducted April 24-30 with 1,513 adults conducted on landlines and cellphones. The margin for error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: 2014 poll: Voter enthusiasm sinks
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:50:00 pm »
Speak for yourselves, 'Journolist' traitors to the United States.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:57:12 pm »
I find it hard to believe any of these push polls.
I would think people can't wait to vote some of these bums out.

Time will tell.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 01:41:07 pm »
I find it hard to believe any of these push polls.
I would think people can't wait to vote some of these bums out.

Time will tell.

I thought the same thing in 2012.  I'm still in shock that it didn't happen.  Not holding my breath for this election, unfortunately. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:44:43 pm »
I thought the same thing in 2012.  I'm still in shock that it didn't happen.  Not holding my breath for this election, unfortunately.

If what happened in 2012 happens again during these mid-terms....it's "GAME ON!"

It will be out-and-out FRAUD.   Can you imagine what will happen IF vote tampering pushed Benghazi and the IRS off the front pages?

Perfect seeds for a bloody conflict.   

Maybe THAT is the 'end game' here?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:08 pm »
If what happened in 2012 happens again during these mid-terms....it's "GAME ON!"

It will be out-and-out FRAUD.   Can you imagine what will happen IF vote tampering pushed Benghazi and the IRS off the front pages?

The scenario you describe is always in the back of my mind, I can't even stand to think about it.  It is horrifying to contemplate, but I think at this point - we have already gone over the cliff and are now in freefall.  The hope is that a tree or something will break our fall and we will live again to fight another day.  IF we can have an honest election this Fall - that might break our Fall - but it's a big IF in my book. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:00:53 pm »

You forget who controls the front pages.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 07:30:29 pm »
The only explanation that works for me regarding 2012 is massive fraud.
But, like you, I just don't know.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 01:11:14 am »
Article headline:
[[ 2014 poll: Voter enthusiasm sinks...]]

Let's HOPE that this is indeed true.

At least for the leftists and democats.

We -want them- to have as little enthusiasm as possible going into this election.

We -want- to psych them out so that they stay home, smoke their drugs and get zonked out !!!