Author Topic: John Boehner can’t promise another 2 years as speaker  (Read 378 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Boehner can’t promise another 2 years as speaker
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=6AE7D50A-69FC-4723-8ED7-8F7C6A5BAD45

John Boehner can’t promise another 2 years as speaker
By: Jake Sherman
May 12, 2014 02:18 PM EDT

SAN ANTONIO — John Boehner says he fully expects to be speaker of the House after the next election.

But will he serve the whole term? That’s another question.

The Ohio Republican, speaking to a luncheon here sponsored by a group of local chambers of commerce, said he can’t “predict what’s going to happen,” and stopped short of fully committing to serving another full two-year term.

“Listen, I’m going to be 65 years old in November,” Boehner said. “I never thought I’d live to be 60. So I’m living on borrowed time.”

Boehner has long said that he will run for reelection in Ohio and for speaker on Capitol Hill in an election he thinks he’ll win. But his answer, which came during a question-and-answer session with the Texas Tribune’s Evan Williams, is sure to spark more speculation in Washington, D.C. about the speaker’s future. It’s a hot topic, especially in the lead-up to an Election Day where Republicans expect to keep the House and have their eye on the Senate.

Boehner also sought to downplay chatter about dissent within GOP ranks, which some conservatives believe will derail his reelection to the speakership.

“I’m up for reelection, and I expect to be speaker, and this issues comes up from time to time, probably more often than I’d like. I have a very good relationship with my colleagues — on both sides of the aisle,” Boehner said. “And even in my own party, even with some people who we have disagreements [with] almost every day, I have a good relationship with them as well. It’s open, it’s honest, and it’s straight-forward. So I look forward to it.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: John Boehner can’t promise another 2 years as speaker
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:14:48 am »
From the article:
“Listen, I’m going to be 65 years old in November,” Boehner said. “I never thought I’d live to be 60. So I’m living on borrowed time.”

Take some advice, Johnny.

Get out of Congress now. Don't wait. Relax and enjoy some of the borrowed time that you have left! Please! It's for your own good!

But more than that, it's for OUR good!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:15:20 am by Fishrrman »