Author Topic: Israel offers to help Nigeria find abducted girls  (Read 1169 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Israel offers to help Nigeria find abducted girls
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:53 pm »

Herb Keinon

Netanyahu to Nigerian president: "We are ready to help in finding the girls and fighting the cruel terrorism inflicted on you."

Israel on Sunday offered assistance to Nigeria in locating 276 high-school girls still held after being abducted four weeks ago by the Boko Haram terrorist network.

The offer came as Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke from Japan Sunday to Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Israel expresses its deep shock at the crime committed against the girls,” he said.

“We are willing to help assist in locating the girls and fighting the terror that is afflicting you.”
For weeks Jonathan has refused international assistance to help locate and free the girls, and only agreed to accept help from the United States, France, Britain and China last week.

Nigeria is one of Israel’s closest friends in Africa, and Israel provided Nigerian authorities with medical supplies following a Boko Haram attack against three churches on Christmas Day in 2011 that killed dozens.

Last September, Israel was among several countries that sent advisers to Kenya to assist in a stand-off with Islamist gunmen who attacked a mall in Nairobi.

http://www.jpost.com/International/Israel-offers-to-help-Nigeria-find-abducted-girls-351924 ^

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Israel offers to help Nigeria find abducted girls
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:48:27 pm »

NOW we're getting somewhere!   At least a forward step.

Come on, Bibi....ruin Barry's October Surprise.

Furthermore....I don't want our Special Forces going over there and killing radical Islamists...because they have a nasty habit of ending up dead in helicopters and assorted accidental explosions.

It's a b*tch to even have to think it...let alone type it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 01:00:56 pm »

Furthermore....I don't want our Special Forces going over there and killing radical Islamists...because they have a nasty habit of ending up dead in helicopters and assorted accidental explosions.

I agree.  Israel has a record of hostage rescues, and doesn't always brag about it.  As for our own SF going in, you can be sure that right now, Obama is considering the option.  If they are successful, the Benghazi select committee could be effectively sabotaged. If they fail, just one more Jimmy Carter comparison. 

But you can be sure they're fighting it out in the Oval Office...or the basketball court, or wherever they can find him.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »

True dat DC, especially with this Obama traitor in command. He'd probably send them with no bullets and rules of engagement that would wrap them up in a straight jacket.

Let Bibi's boys (and girls) do the job.  They are pros when it comes to spec-ops.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »
I agree.  Israel has a record of hostage rescues, and doesn't always brag about it.  As for our own SF going in, you can be sure that right now, Obama is considering the option.  If they are successful, the Benghazi select committee could be effectively sabotaged. If they fail, just one more Jimmy Carter comparison. 

But you can be sure they're fighting it out in the Oval Office...or the basketball court, or wherever they can find him.
That's another thing, the Israelis know how to KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT!
damn Obama would get our boys all killed.

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:16:53 pm »
It just makes me sick what happened in the aftermath of the Ben Ladin episode.

I despise Obama and everyone in his sick administration.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »
It just makes me sick what happened in the aftermath of the Ben Ladin episode.

I despise Obama and everyone in his sick administration.

Word!   :patriot:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 01:37:36 pm »
Everything Barack and Michelle do is done with the calculation that it will benefit THEM - that is the only thing that motivates any action in them.  Whenever I think they couldn't get any worse, they reach new depths.  The Israelis would do it to help the girls - Obama is offering help to advance his own interests.  You can bet on that. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 01:41:36 pm »
That's another thing, the Israelis know how to KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT!
damn Obama would get our boys all killed.

That is true. The problem with Hussein is that he has a fundemental love of Islam and Muslims. Even if he did send in S.F., you could not depend on him to not warn the Muzzies that they are coming. Also you could not depend on Hussein to back up American forces if they got in trouble. Plus, he would put so many idiotic ROEs on the Americans that they would be fighting with one hand tied. Whenever American forces go up against Muslims, Obama is always torn. He is never quite sure which side he is on. And that is extremely dangerous to American troops.

Israelies on the other hand know what they are doing and who it is that they are fighting. They do not suffer from all the dithering and diffidence that Obama does. At this point I would feel much safer fighting with the Israelies than I would fighting for Obama and his crew.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 01:49:33 pm »

That is true. The problem with Hussein is that he has a fundemental love of Islam and Muslims. Even if he did send in S.F., you could not depend on him to not warn the Muzzies that they are coming. Also you could not depend on Hussein to back up American forces if they got in trouble. Plus, he would put so many idiotic ROEs on the Americans that they would be fighting with one hand tied. Whenever American forces go up against Muslims, Obama is always torn. He is never quite sure which side he is on. And that is extremely dangerous to American troops.

Israelies on the other hand know what they are doing and who it is that they are fighting. They do not suffer from all the dithering and diffidence that Obama does. At this point I would feel much safer fighting with the Israelies than I would fighting for Obama and his crew.

Agree in part.  But if Obama does send special ops forces in, it would only serve his political goals for them to succeed.  If he sabotages their efforts he comes across as a failure, and gives the Benghazi select committee even more credibility.

But I'd go with the Israelis.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 01:59:51 pm »
I'm with you on this one, MAC!

He would do everything necessary to make the rescue a success...up to and including jamming Israeli electronics.

It's the time period up to 180 days afterwards that I'm concerned with.

Nobody can tell me the deaths of those NAVY SEALS on that helicopter in Afghanistan wasn't an authorized 'quid pro quo'.   Or the deaths of the two former SEALS on that ship in Louisiana weren't a sanctioned "hit".

It's Barack's way of atoning to Allah.     (no sarcasm tag necessary)

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »
I'm with you on this one, MAC!

He would do everything necessary to make the rescue a success...up to and including jamming Israeli electronics.

It's the time period up to 180 days afterwards that I'm concerned with.

Nobody can tell me the deaths of those NAVY SEALS on that helicopter in Afghanistan wasn't an authorized 'quid pro quo'.   Or the deaths of the two former SEALS on that ship in Louisiana weren't a sanctioned "hit".

It's Barack's way of atoning to Allah.     (no sarcasm tag necessary)

Yeah, he really needs this one, and besides I think Michelle told him so.  Can't say if those deaths were "authorized", but Obama is capable of such treachery, something Israel would have to be concerned about if they undertook the mission.  Obama could use it to show up Israeli weaknesses, and not necessarily having the failure land on his shoulders.  At that point Obama would claim that Israel undercut his diplomatic solution.

Good news though is that Israel is more than aware of what Obama is capable of perpetrating. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 03:28:10 pm »
Yeah, he really needs this one, and besides I think Michelle told him so.  Can't say if those deaths were "authorized", but Obama is capable of such treachery, something Israel would have to be concerned about if they undertook the mission.  Obama could use it to show up Israeli weaknesses, and not necessarily having the failure land on his shoulders.  At that point Obama would claim that Israel undercut his diplomatic solution.

Good news though is that Israel is more than aware of what Obama is capable of perpetrating.

Many Arabs are dead today from underestimating Israel. If you look at the players, you have Obama and Kerry on one side, and the nation of Israel on the other.

I am sure Israel would take into account and plan for every possible scenario, including betrayal by Obama/Kerry.

Israelies do not build roads and infrastructure and communication lines and a logistics trail and on and on. Israelies 'strike'. They go in quick and do the job with extreme prejudice and they are gone before anyone even knew they were there. This is what they are known for. I am sure they would account for the vagaries of American policy and would have a plan to obviate it.

Their biggest advantage is that they depend on no one. They count on no one for anything military. Their own command and troops. Their own intelligence. Their own weapons and equipment. They are an insular and complete team. And when they have a mission, they will do whatever it takes to get the job done and the mission complete.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 03:34:15 pm »

....except perhaps, when it comes to Iran.

I believe they need US or other Western logistical and strategic support entering and exiting.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 03:47:19 pm »

Many Arabs are dead today from underestimating Israel. If you look at the players, you have Obama and Kerry on one side, and the nation of Israel on the other.

I am sure Israel would take into account and plan for every possible scenario, including betrayal by Obama/Kerry.

Israelies do not build roads and infrastructure and communication lines and a logistics trail and on and on. Israelies 'strike'. They go in quick and do the job with extreme prejudice and they are gone before anyone even knew they were there. This is what they are known for. I am sure they would account for the vagaries of American policy and would have a plan to obviate it.

Their biggest advantage is that they depend on no one. They count on no one for anything military. Their own command and troops. Their own intelligence. Their own weapons and equipment. They are an insular and complete team. And when they have a mission, they will do whatever it takes to get the job done and the mission complete.

I do agree with you that Israel can think for itself, especially where relations with the Obama Administration are concerned.  Having said that, we spend more on economic and military assistance to Israel than we do any other nation except for Afghanistan.  And Israel is the largest recipient of cumulative US assistance since WW2 (Congressional Research Service).

And given the continuing popular support in the US for Israel, any move by Obama to thwart an Israeli mission would not be well received here.  And as we know, it's more and more difficult for this Administration to keep secrets.  Still I believe if Obama thought he could get away with undermining such a rescue operation by Israel, he'd consider it.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 04:07:46 pm »
Still I believe if Obama thought he could get away with undermining such a rescue operation by Israel, he'd consider it.

Obama/Kerry/Hillary have been very clear about how they feel about Israel. It is clear that if they could they would force Israel to essentially destroy itself with 'concessions'. They have made it very clear that they care much more about the welfare of the Arabs than they do about the survival of the State of Israel.

I lived in Israel for a few years and I speak and read Hebrew. While there I was working in a technical position. From that experience I can tell you first hand that the technology and science produced by Israel is the best in the world. Israel has so many technological and medical advances developed there, that they cannot be counted. Most Israelie development is done in tandum with American companies and groups. So, yes they do get a lot of foreign aid, but is not that America is dumping money into a hole, like they do when they give money to Arabs, South America, or Africa. On the contrary, America receives a lot of benefit from Israel.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 04:27:29 pm »

So, yes they do get a lot of foreign aid, but is not that America is dumping money into a hole, like they do when they give money to Arabs, South America, or Africa. On the contrary, America receives a lot of benefit from Israel.

Hope I didn't give the impression that the assistance we provide isn't valuable to the US as well.  Since the beginning of the State of Israel, the West, especially the US has been instrumental in helping develop Israel to where it is today.  It has been a mutually agreeable scenario for both nations.  And a recent poll (Gallup) reported that 79% of Americans believe Israel to be either an ally or a friend.  Likewise almost every poll shows overwhelming support for Israel over its neighbors, the far left notwithstanding. 

Offline evadR

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 07:55:53 pm »

That is the BEST explanation yet!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 04:10:42 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IdIRanBtNQ

This is a battle song in Israel. And you guys would not believe what they are saying. Are they singing about death? or Victory? Naah,

They are on their way to battle and they are singing about how nice it is when brothers are together. That is an Israeli song. That is an Israeli mindset.

Yeah, we may all die. But at least we had this time together.

SPQR

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 03:53:33 am »
Herb Keinon

Netanyahu to Nigerian president: "We are ready to help in finding the girls and fighting the cruel terrorism inflicted on you."

Israel on Sunday offered assistance to Nigeria in locating 276 high-school girls still held after being abducted four weeks ago by the Boko Haram terrorist network.

The offer came as Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke from Japan Sunday to Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Israel expresses its deep shock at the crime committed against the girls,” he said.

“We are willing to help assist in locating the girls and fighting the terror that is afflicting you.”
For weeks Jonathan has refused international assistance to help locate and free the girls, and only agreed to accept help from the United States, France, Britain and China last week.

Nigeria is one of Israel’s closest friends in Africa, and Israel provided Nigerian authorities with medical supplies following a Boko Haram attack against three churches on Christmas Day in 2011 that killed dozens.

Last September, Israel was among several countries that sent advisers to Kenya to assist in a stand-off with Islamist gunmen who attacked a mall in Nairobi.

http://www.jpost.com/International/Israel-offers-to-help-Nigeria-find-abducted-girls-351924 ^

Israeli commandos will find them and get out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:53:58 am by SPQR »