Author Topic: Bachmann, Wasserman Schultz spar on CNN  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bachmann, Wasserman Schultz spar on CNN
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:17:59 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=

Bachmann, Wasserman Schultz spar on CNN
By LUCY MCCALMONT |
5/11/14 10:03 AM EDT

Some clear tension arose between Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann during a segment Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," as the two went head to head on a handful of issues, starting with the new Benghazi select committee in the House.

"Republicans have clearly lost he ability, because we've had such a precipitous drop-among Republicans even-in their fervor for repealing the Affordable Care Act, that they are clearly doing this to drive their turnout," Wasserman Schultz said.

"No, Candy, Candy, that is not true at all," Bachmann interjected to CNN host Candy Crowley.

"Excuse me, Michele, I didn't interrupt you, so I'd appreciate it if you not interrupt me," Wasserman Schultz replied.

Continuing their debate over the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, Florida congresswoman questioned the fairness of the select committee, adding it has an outcome "that's been predetermined."

Again, Bachmann said Wasserman Schultz's claim was "absolutely untrue."

"Oh, no, it is true and let me tell you why it's not fair," Wasserman Schultz said.

"I think it's important that this is a dialog and not a monolog, " Minnesota congresswoman said, adding later, "It's really clear that the Democrats have tried to sabotage this process from the very beginning,"

Laughing, Wasserman Schultz said, "We don't have the ability to sabotage."

Talking over one another once again, each accused the other's party of politicizing Benghazi, before turning to the Obamacare.

"Debbie, you had your turn now it's mine," Bachmann said after saying that Americans want a change in in the law.

"Just don't want you to run out the clock, Michele," Wasserman Schultz said.

However, the congresswomen did agree on a bipartisan response to help Nigeria find the schoolgirls who were kidnapped last month.

Acknowledging the back and forth herself, Crowley suggested an in-studio panel, rather than Wasserman Schultz and Bachmann each appearing by satellite.

"Next time I'm going to have you in the studio, I might better control here," Crowley said, before they all wished each other a happy Mother's Day.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Bachmann, Wasserman Schultz spar on CNN
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:29:20 pm »
Two peas from opposite ends of the same pod.

:smokin: