Author Topic: State Department compared Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis to religious minorities in United States  (Read 356 times)

Offline flowers

http://washingtonexaminer.com/state-department-compared-nigerias-boko-haram-crisis-to-religious-minorities-in-united-states/article/2548299

When congressional leaders asked the State Department to tailor American assistance to Nigeria in such a way that would protect Christians from religious persecution at the hands of Boko Haram, an extremist group that kidnapped hundreds of Christian girls last month, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's team dismissed the idea on the theory that the organization was not motivated by religion.

"This religious tension, while real, should not be mistaken as the primary source of violence in Nigeria," David Adams, assistant secretary of legislative affairs, wrote to Congress in an Oct. 4, 2012 letter. "Similar to the United States, Nigeria's religious diversity is a source of strength, with communities working across religious lines to protect one another."

Caitlin Poling, a former aide to Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., said she couldn't believe the State Department's implication that Boko Haram was analogous to a religious minority in the United States.

"We don't have daily assaults by extremist Muslims on churches in the U.S.," Poling, who is now the director of government relations at the Foreign Policy Initiative, told the Washington Examiner. "Could you imagine if a group like Boko Haram was perpetrating such attacks in the United States? I don't think it would be that same type of line from anyone in the administration."

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
It is issues exactly like this one which mean the Hildebeest has exactly zero chance as a Presidential candidate.  I don't think she is going to run for this and a couple of other reasons.

Another one is that she does not give many speeches standing up.  Mostly she uses a casual MO with comfortable easy chairs on stage with a moderator leading her in a discussion.  She gave a speech the other day standing at a podium, and she had a death grip on both sides of it, almost as if she would fall over if she let go. 

Another one is that pair of coke-bottle-bottom glasses she's taken to wearing.  I think she has some kind of serious medical issue that affects her vision and equilibrium to the point where she cannot stand for any extended period of time.

Offline flowers

It is issues exactly like this one which mean the Hildebeest has exactly zero chance as a Presidential candidate.  I don't think she is going to run for this and a couple of other reasons.

Another one is that she does not give many speeches standing up.  Mostly she uses a casual MO with comfortable easy chairs on stage with a moderator leading her in a discussion.  She gave a speech the other day standing at a podium, and she had a death grip on both sides of it, almost as if she would fall over if she let go. 

Another one is that pair of coke-bottle-bottom glasses she's taken to wearing.  I think she has some kind of serious medical issue that affects her vision and equilibrium to the point where she cannot stand for any extended period of time.
If Bill does apologize in public....we know she is running.