Author Topic: Why Lois Lerner Should Be Granted Immunity By Andrew C. McCarthy  (Read 185 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Why Lois Lerner Should Be Granted Immunity By Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »
Great article as most by Andy McCarthy are, and directly to the point.  I think the dithering on this case will come to a screeching halt with the next Congress.  The Republicans are looking to significantly expand their caucus in the House, and there will likely be a new Speaker next year.  What that means is it is much more likely that another Select Committee be appointed to look into the IRS scandal. 

Convene what amounts to a Congressional Grand Jury on the IRS abuses, just like the Benghazi Select Committee, and let a body with the power to prosecute Lois decide if she warrants immunity or not.  I think she is closer to the top of the heap than many may realize and it is worth going after her in a way that means something before any offer of immunity is forthcoming.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Why Lois Lerner Should Be Granted Immunity By Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »
There's no sense in granting her immunity until we know what she can - and more importantly, will - give in return.  If all she would do is talk about how she did this and she did that, and how the corruption goes no further than her, or some other scapegoat who insulates the real instigators, then she shouldn't be offered immunity.  And so far, there is no indication that she would in fact give anything that implicated someone other than herself or some scapegoat chosen by the administration to insulate itself from blame.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf