Author Topic: Democratic Assemblyman Dressed In Confederate Uniform Confronted By Black GOP Delegate  (Read 413 times)

Offline Millee

A Democratic Wisconsin assemblyman who dressed in Confederate attire and planned to pass out Ku Klux Klan hoods at a Republican convention is now comparing minorities in the GOP to poultry.

“Had an interesting discussion with a minority woman,” Brett Hulsey, the assemblyman, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

He was referring to a conversation he had with a black GOP delegate at a party state convention held last weekend. The exchange was captured on video and reported by the MacIver Institute.

“A minority in the GOP is like a chicken at Colonel Sanders’ house,” Hulsey told TheDCNF through email. “They may feed you and let you crow a bit, but it does not end well.”

Hulsey, who is also running for governor, was at the convention protesting what he sees as a racist GOP and Gov. Scott Walker. He was wearing a makeshift Confederate uniform and had announced plans to pass KKK hoods out to convention-goers.

Pam Stevens, the delegate, confronted Hulsey, who has a history of engaging in political theater.

“My question to you is if you give them hoods, what would you give me?” Stevens asked the uniformed Hulsey.

“I just hope you would vote against secession,” Hulsey replied.

The two-term assemblyman was referring to a resolution being debated at the convention that would allow the state to secede from the U.S. “under extreme conditions”. The measure failed.

“I just wanted to make sure you understand how much I took offense at the whole giving them hoods based on the fact that the history of the Klan comes from the Democrat Party,” said Stevens.

Hulsey pointed to a picket sign which listed seven reasons he believes shows that state Republicans are racist.

“You know racial profiling?” Hulsey asked, reaching for an example.

“You don’t have to ask me if I know racial profiling,” answered Stevens.

“The Democratic Party is the party that’s constantly trying to put people on labels and in blocs and things like that,” she said, accusing Democrats of trying “to keep racism going”.

“Your party is the party that’s trying to tell black families that they don’t know how to make choices to educate their children and that they have to stay in public education.” (RELATED: Wisc. Dem To Hand Out KKK Hoods At Republican Convention)

Hulsey retreated from the exchange but maintained his Confederate shtick.

“That’s just the facts, but I’ve got to talk to one of my colleagues,” said Hulsey, as he left the conversation.

“How are you, sir? Welcome to the Confederacy,” said Hulsey, greeting a person off-screen.

Reached for comment by The Daily Caller News Foundation, Stevens said Hulsey’s responses to her “were very condescending and smug.”

“I have no respect for Hulsey at all,” said Stevens, who is in her fourth year as a state delegate and is the president of that Wisconsin chapter of the Frederick Douglass Foundation.

“He believes he owns black people and we should all be on his plantation and like being repressed by him.”

Hulsey initially posted a casting call at his campaign website seeking an entire infantry of Confederate re-enactors, though none joined him.

But Hulsey was still upbeat about the venture, which comes amid a challenge to Mary Burke, the favorite for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination.

“The trip went well,” Hulsey told TheDCNF through email. He said he achieved his goal of highlighting “Gov. Walker and the GOP’s racist record.”

“Many GOPers wanted hoods but I decided not to hand them out,” said Hulsey. “Not sure how to get them their GOP Party Hats.”

Hulsey said he’s received at least one threat which authorities are handling.

“The GOP seems like the party of hate now,” he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/09/democrat-in-confederate-uniform-confronted-by-black-gop-delegate-video/#ixzz31FUsCRpM

Despicable.  :chairbang:

Oceander

despicable is right.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
This guy is cruising for a major ass-kicking, which in some twisted way is exactly what he wants.

My only advice would be to remind all parties that coyotes eat the bones too...

:smokin:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Joe Smith@sjoe326May 2 @BrettHulseyWI the KKK and the Confederates were all DEMOCRATS you moron! #fool

This is my tweet to this jackass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.