Author Topic: Boehner Names Members for Benghazi Select Committee  (Read 725 times)

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Boehner Names Members for Benghazi Select Committee
« on: May 09, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Boehner Names Members for Benghazi Select Committee
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »
I must say that this looks very good to me.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »

I agree Bigun.  You can always pick nits with these things, but I am okay with the choices.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
It will be interesting to see who Pelosi seats.  I gotta believe this has too much potential to erupt into a real-deal scandal for the Dems to boycott.  And then, the Committee rules will be interesting.  Gowdy has to hold firm on no 5-minute preambles/speeches with no substantive questions as the Dems are wont to do.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
It will be interesting to see who Pelosi seats.  I gotta believe this has too much potential to erupt into a real-deal scandal for the Dems to boycott.  And then, the Committee rules will be interesting.  Gowdy has to hold firm on no 5-minute preambles/speeches with no substantive questions as the Dems are wont to do.
It sure will be interesting to see who she picks. I am sure it will be the loudest pyles she has in House.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »
It sure will be interesting to see who she picks. I am sure it will be the loudest pyles she has in House.

I suspect so, but that would be a mistake in my view.  They need to take this seriously.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »

This isn't going to operate in the same fashion you are used to with standing committees! There will be at length depositions of witnesses prior to hearings and most of the questioning in the hearings will be conducted by Majority and Minority counsel.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »
Darn it I was hoping Rep. Jason Chaffetz would be on it...drats!

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »
Darn it I was hoping Rep. Jason Chaffetz would be on it...drats!

I was as well.  But the committee is solid.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
If I do a live thread everyday on it will you all participate?....

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 01:47:23 PM »

Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »

You betcha I will!

I was on Boehner every day on twitter trying to get this done!

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 03:13:59 PM »
The only faith I have in this is because you say so.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
yeowssah
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
yes

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »
Yes. Limited probably, but yes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf