Author Topic: CNN Worries Hillary Clinton May Have Jeopardized Run with Gun Control Statements  (Read 609 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/05/07/CNN-Worries-Hillary-Clinton-May-Have-Jeopardized-Run-With-Gun-Control-Statements

by AWR Hawkins 7 May 2014

On May 7th CNN's John King played a video of Hillary Clinton saying, "We have to rein in what has become [an] almost article of faith, that anybody can have a gun anywhere, [at] any time."

King quickly added, "She's talking in the context of mental health," but then he expressed obvious concern that this soundbite is going to make a great anti-Hillary commercial in southern Ohio, Florida, Colorado, and North Carolina, among other places.

As Breitbart News reported earlier on May 7th, Hillary was not talking about mental health issues at this point but about "fully licensed" and "fully validated" gun owners. She said so herself.

King then asked CNN correspondent Peter Hamby for comment, and Hamby said:

What struck me about this is, having covered Hillary Clinton during the 2008 Democrat primary, when she was really fighting from behind and sort of adopting that blue collar, working class mantle, she talked a lot about how important guns are in the American fabric [and] in our culture. To me this was a pretty big rhetorical distance from that time, but a lot has changed since then... And to your point [John], in some competitive states I think there are pockets where guns are important and this is going to be something of an issue for her I think.

Translation: Yep, Hillary really stepped in it this time.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Yes, she did step in it.  Her words will be replayed over and over.

She was either not thinking, believes "reining in" gun rights is somehow popular, or she's not running.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

Yep, just like Obama "stepped in it" with Joe the plumber and the spread the wealth around statement.

The MSM will ignore it. The echo chamber will dwell on it. Americans will vote for the hag. Especially women.

Offline flowers

Yep, just like Obama "stepped in it" with Joe the plumber and the spread the wealth around statement.

The MSM will ignore it. The echo chamber will dwell on it. Americans will vote for the hag. Especially women.
yep

Offline sinkspur

You misjudge the strength of the gun issue. 

NOBODY wins national elections preaching gun control.  And this is gun control, squared.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

NOBODY wins national elections preaching gun control.  And this is gun control, squared.

Twice in two days!

DAMN! What is this world coming to?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

Agreed.  Every gun owner's head raises when someone says something like this.  It won't matter to her base, but it sure will matter to the gun owner.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Issue noted by me first, two days ago:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,137376.msg562289.html#msg562289

Perhaps Breibart is scanning GOPBR for stories!