Author Topic: Harry Reid Scolds Press For Being Too Fair To Republicans [VIDEO]  (Read 465 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/08/harry-reid-scolds-press-for-being-too-fair-to-republicans-video/

Harry Reid Scolds Press For Being Too Fair To Republicans [VIDEO]
Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 11:13 AM 05/08/2014

Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid reprimanded MSNBC’s Chuck Todd — and indeed, journalism in general — for being too interested in treating Republicans fairly, claiming reporters “won’t call things the way they actually exist.”

Todd sat down with the Nevada senator on Thursday for a wide-ranging discussion. At one point, the reporter asked Reid about the lack of bills or other activity emanating from the U.S. Senate.

Reid blamed recalcitrant Senate Republicans for holding up bills in committee. “You don’t believe Democrats play any role in this?” Todd asked. “It feels like a tit-for-tat game,” the reporter added, explaining that Democratic leadership has sometimes made it difficult for Republicans to amend bills important to them.

“You know, one of the problems with the press, modern journalism, is everything is a tit-for-tat,” Reid sneered. “You won’t call things the way they actually exist.”

“What has happened here is the Republicans have stopped everything from happening,” he declared. “So you can give me the tit-for-tat all you want, but the fact is we want to legislate. We want to legislate, we want to take votes.”

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Let this old sumbitch talk. He's demented, with his Koch talk and his insistence that his not allowing any amendments is "legislating."

He's the best advertisement for GOP control of the Senate we've got.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let this old sumbitch talk. He's demented, with his Koch talk and his insistence that his not allowing any amendments is "legislating."

I knew if I waited long enough this would happen!

I agree with you on this Sink!

(Waiting for the roof to cave in!)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nope.....rather he'd croak.   Tonight wouldn't be too soon. :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Nope.....rather he'd croak.   Tonight wouldn't be too soon. :smokin:

Nope. I am just sadistic enough to want to see the look on his face when he loses the Speakership.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nope. I am just sadistic enough to want to see the look on his face when he loses the Speakership.

That's okay.    When I piss on his grave, I'll tell him. 

Lord willing, of course.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

I knew if I waited long enough this would happen!

I agree with you on this Sink!

(Waiting for the roof to cave in!)

I wondered what that slight earthquake I felt was - now I know!  :silly: