Author Topic: 2014 NFL Draft  (Read 8132 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
2014 NFL Draft
« on: May 08, 2014, 11:55:35 pm »
Round 1
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: 2014 NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:04:49 am »
Houston Texans on the clock.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 12:15:35 am »
Pick #1
Houston Texans
Jadeveon Clowney (DE) South Carolina

Pfft!  Screw them.  Hope they lose 16 next year.

Surprised that Clowney didn't quit half way up to the podium.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:24:37 am »
Pick #1
Houston Texans
Jadeveon Clowney (DE) South Carolina

Pfft!  Screw them.  Hope they lose 16 next year.

Surprised that Clowney didn't quit half way up to the podium.

Did you want them to take Johnny Football?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:25:29 am »
Pick #2
St. Louis Rams (From Redskins)
Greg Robinson (T) Auburn

Really?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:26:12 am »
Did you want them to take Johnny Football?

Yes.

They need something on offense.  Their defense actually was not that bad last year.  Their offense sucked big time.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:01 am »
Pick# 3
Jacksonville Jaguars
Blake Bortels

BOO! from the audience.  This is all about trying to sell tickets so they can remove the tarp from their stadium.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:54 am »
Johnny Football's got to be stewing.  He expected to be taken first. 

In fact, he's not even the first QB taken.  Blake Bortles from UCF goes to the Jaguars.

LOL!!!  Is Manziel another Tebow?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 12:35:58 am »
Johnny Football's got to be stewing.  He expected to be taken first. 

In fact, he's not even the first QB taken.  Blake Bortles from UCF goes to the Jaguars.

LOL!!!  Is Manziel another Tebow?

College football and Professional football are two decidedly different worlds and I do not think that Johnny football has what it takes to make it in the latter!

Just my opinion of course!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 12:37:12 am »
Pick# 4
Buffalo Bills via Cleveland Browns
Sammy Watkins (WR) Clemson

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 12:38:05 am »
College football and Professional football are two decidedly different worlds and I do not think that Johnny football has what it takes to make it in the latter!

He's been told forever that he could never play QB.  Oregon, Texas, and at least one other wanted him to play wide receiver or safety.  Telling him that he can't do it, will just make him try all the more.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 12:43:23 am »
Pick# 5
Oakland Raiders
Khalil Mack (OLB) Buffalo  Who?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 12:43:42 am »
Back in a bit.  Gotta get some stuff done around the house.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 12:46:11 am »
He's been told forever that he could never play QB.  Oregon, Texas, and at least one other wanted him to play wide receiver or safety.  Telling him that he can't do it, will just make him try all the more.

I have not a modicum of doubt about his trying! He will kill himself trying to prove that he can do it in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 12:47:14 am »
Pick #2
St. Louis Rams (From Redskins)
Greg Robinson (T) Auburn

Really?

Not glamorous.  But an anchor on the line for a decade.  Think Joe Thomas in Cleveland.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 12:49:08 am »
Pick# 4
Buffalo Bills via Cleveland Browns
Sammy Watkins (WR) Clemson

Okay, that's a wow - smart move by the Brownies.  The worm is finally turning for that organization.
John Steinbeck

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 12:51:26 am »
Pick #6
Atlanta Falcons
Jack Matthews (T) Texas A&M

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 12:51:44 am »
I have not a modicum of doubt about his trying! He will kill himself trying to prove that he can do it in fact!

We'll see.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 12:59:25 am »
Pick #7
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mike Evans (WR) Texas A&M

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:32 am »
Best receiver group in some time.  Watch the Packers in round two or three - Thompson knows his small school receivers.
John Steinbeck

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:42 am »

I think I agree, but then I think of those games in which his instincts took my breath away. 

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:57 am »
Pick #8
Cleveland Browns (via Minnesota)
Justin Gilbert (DB) Oklahoma State

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 01:11:55 am »
I think I agree, but then I think of those games in which his instincts took my breath away.

Ain't that the truth?  But then, I think of Brett Favre in his prime with the Packers.  Never has anyone lifted his entire team because of his improvisation and never-say-quit approach. Could this guy be BF redux?
John Steinbeck

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 01:12:13 am »
Pick #9
Minnesota Vikings (via Cleveland)
Anthony Barr (OLB) UCLA

Everyone is going "who?"

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 01:14:41 am »
That didn't take long.
Pick #10
Detroit Lions
Eric Ebron (TE) North Carolina

Another "who/wow" pick.