Author Topic: 2014 NFL Draft  (Read 8160 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: 2014 NFL Draft
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 01:17:04 am »
Pick #9
Minnesota Vikings (via Cleveland)
Anthony Barr (OLB) UCLA

Everyone is going "who?"

Wait... wha...?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 01:18:40 am »
That didn't take long.
Pick #10
Detroit Lions
Eric Ebron (TE) North Carolina

Another "who/wow" pick.

Not exactly... top ten, I'm not sure.  But the Lions are looking for that underneath weapon to compliment Megatron.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 01:22:36 am »
 Some brain surgeon on MSNBC said today that if Michael Sams (the gay player) wasn't chosen by the 7th pick, Goodell should force a team to pick him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 01:22:52 am »
Pick #11
Tennessee Titans
Taylor Lewan (OT) Michigan
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 01:32:16 am »
Some brain surgeon on MSNBC said today that if Michael Sams (the gay player) wasn't chosen by the 7th pick, Goodell should force a team to pick him.

Good Lord. 
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 01:37:51 am »
Hard to believe nobody's picked Manziel yet......even for trade value.   Geesh!   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 01:50:11 am »
Cowboys up and Manziel is still available.

Will Jerry take Johnny Football?  Dallas needs DEFENSE, not a back-up QB.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 01:51:34 am »
Cowboys up and Manziel is still available.

Will Jerry take Johnny Football?  Dallas needs DEFENSE, not a back-up QB.

Yes.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 01:57:47 am »
Nope.

Zack Martin, a Guard from Notre Dame. 

And Jerry sees all that Aggie money from the sale of those Manziel jerseys and other memorabilia go up in smoke.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 02:00:11 am »
Nope.

Zack Martin, a Guard from Notre Dame. 

And Jerry sees all that Aggie money from the sale of those Manziel jerseys and other memorabilia go up in smoke.

Wow.  He loves Romo.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:00:39 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 02:09:28 am »
We need a qb run.  My Pack is counting on it!!!
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 12:11:51 pm »
So Manziel finally went in the 22d pick to Cleveland, the Bermuda Triangle for QBs.

Funny how ESPN stopped showing him after about the 8th pick came and went and Johnny was still unwanted.  Manziel appeared to be growing more and more frustrated and may have told the cameraman to leave him alone.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »
Did you want them to take Johnny Football?

With the dire need for QB, the Texans once again showed that they are clueless in building a team that would be a playoff contender. Clowney is going to be yet another wasted talent on a team that is going nowhere.

Not that I believe that Johnny Jockstrap was the answer. I don't. He is going to the Browns where he'll fit right in. Dysfunction is their forte'. I predict that Johnny Jockstrap will go the way of Colt McCoy or Ryan Leaf in the next couple of seasons.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »
Yes.

They need something on offense.  Their defense actually was not that bad last year.  Their offense sucked big time.

Bridgewater would have been the better choice for the Texans.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »
Johnny Football's got to be stewing.  He expected to be taken first. 

In fact, he's not even the first QB taken.  Blake Bortles from UCF goes to the Jaguars.

LOL!!!  Is Manziel another Tebow?

Johnny Jockstrap is more like Ryan Leaf or Colt McCoy. Time will support me on this.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 12:49:32 pm »
The Packers got their man, safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.  Complete player according to the scouts I've read.  Good.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2014, 12:52:19 pm »
So Manziel finally went in the 22d pick to Cleveland, the Bermuda Triangle for QBs.

Funny how ESPN stopped showing him after about the 8th pick came and went and Johnny was still unwanted.  Manziel appeared to be growing more and more frustrated and may have told the cameraman to leave him alone.  :laugh:

I sense the dysfunction in Cleveland is finally coming to an end.
John Steinbeck

Offline Howie66

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2014, 12:55:13 pm »
College football and Professional football are two decidedly different worlds and I do not think that Johnny football has what it takes to make it in the latter!

Just my opinion of course!

I like your thinking on this!

Offline Howie66

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2014, 12:57:45 pm »
Ain't that the truth?  But then, I think of Brett Favre in his prime with the Packers.  Never has anyone lifted his entire team because of his improvisation and never-say-quit approach. Could this guy be BF redux?

Seriously doubt that.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 01:00:47 pm »
Yes.

Dallas is a perennial .500 team and has been for the past 20 years. Tony Romo is NOT the answer for them.

That said, I am good with Jones staying the course.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:01:24 pm by Howie66 »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 01:06:43 pm »
Dallas is a perennial .500 team and has been for the past 20 years. Tony Romo is NOT the answer for them.

Romo is the Michelle Wie of the NFL.  Competent but overrated and lacking the heart of a champion.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

I am as well but I didn't think Jones would pass on Johnny.
John Steinbeck

Offline Howie66

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2014, 01:10:49 pm »
The Packers got their man, safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.  Complete player according to the scouts I've read.  Good.

I see Clinton-Dix as being an impact player for our Pack, this year. The guy has the tools.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2014, 01:12:14 pm »
Romo is the Michelle Wie of the NFL.  Competent but overrated and lacking the heart of a champion.

Agreed.

He and Jerra Jones deserve each other.  :beer:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2014, 01:13:06 pm »
I am as well but I didn't think Jones would pass on Johnny.

Even Jerra Jones doesn't know what Jerra Jones is thinking.