Author Topic: 2014 NFL Draft  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: 2014 NFL Draft
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2014, 01:07:14 am »
Jeff Fisher will handle the distraction quite well, I think. I wish the young man the best.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2014, 01:08:13 am »
That's why Tampa Bay passed on him, the fans would never stand for going back to the old Gay Blade pink uniforms....

Just think what the Rams can do this year for the NFL's annual hot pink accessory month.....

:smokin:

Name change and team colors? Michael Sam will be asking if those pants make his ass look fat....
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2014, 01:09:19 am »
As a die-hard PACKER BACKER, I can honestly say I really like what Ted Thompson did with the selections this year.

I was disappointed to see Chris Borland go to the Niners, but the idea that we got Jared Abbrederis made up for that! He's going to have to add some muscle, but he's got the hands for sure!

It's going to be interesting to see how we do with the UDFAs.

GO!! PACK!! GO!!

It's a shame Green Bay passed on him too.....they were already known as the "Fudge Packers".......

Most common pickup line in Green Bay?: "Excuse me, may I push in your stool?"....

:beer:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2014, 01:09:19 am »
As a die-hard PACKER BACKER, I can honestly say I really like what Ted Thompson did with the selections this year.

I was disappointed to see Chris Borland go to the Niners, but the idea that we got Jared Abbrederis made up for that! He's going to have to add some muscle, but he's got the hands for sure!

It's going to be interesting to see how we do with the UDFAs.

GO!! PACK!! GO!!

I agree. Completely!
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2014, 04:14:20 am »
How long before the Rams are told that they have to change their name and team colors?

You're on a roll, Howie!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2014, 12:06:51 pm »

Sams and boyfriend celebrate his selection.
...  President Barack Obama also offered words of congratulation to both Sam and the Rams for the draft pick.

'From the playing field to the corporate boardroom, LGBT Americans prove everyday that you should be judged by what you do and not who you are,' said the President....
More at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2014, 01:29:29 pm »
I wonder if the NFL pressured a team to draft him so they can avoid the heat.. Having said that, doesn't mean he will make the team.. Usually a person who drafted in the later rounds don't make the team..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »

Sams and boyfriend celebrate his selection. More at Daily Mail

I don't care how many times the media saturates the airwaves with shots of gays kissing, I am never going to feel all warm and fuzzy inside and happy for their joy in the way I would with an opposite sex couple.  But I must admit the yuck factor is going away, so maybe some of the MSM objectives are being achieved. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:35:46 pm by massadvj »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2014, 01:36:28 pm »

Sams and boyfriend celebrate his selection. More at Daily Mail

You owe me a new keyboard mountaineer!  Wasn't expecting to see that and this keyboard is now wearing my breakfast!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2014, 02:35:19 pm »
I wonder if the NFL pressured a team to draft him so they can avoid the heat.. Having said that, doesn't mean he will make the team.. Usually a person who drafted in the later rounds don't make the team..

After what happened with Sterling and his team, I suspect that the Ramettes will be compelled to keep Sam on the roster even if he sucks (which is a safe bet).
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2014, 02:47:53 pm »
Despite my support for any young person chasing their dreams...

Yuck
John Steinbeck

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2014, 02:51:25 pm »
After what happened with Sterling and his team, I suspect that the Ramettes will be compelled to keep Sam on the roster even if he sucks (which is a safe bet).

True...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »
Quite agree. If they dare cut him now, no matter how light (in the loafers), slow or untalented he may be, they'll be homophobes.

Sorry, Bigun.  ^-^
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:53:48 pm by mountaineer »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2014, 04:53:49 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2014, 04:56:14 pm »
Before anyone asks, that's cake on their faces. They forgot this was the NFL draft and not the ceremonial cutting and smashing-into-face of the wedding cake.  :thud:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2014, 05:23:28 pm »
Before anyone asks, that's cake on their faces. They forgot this was the NFL draft and not the ceremonial cutting and smashing-into-face of the wedding cake.  :thud:

I wasn't gonna ask.

:silly:

(It's pitiful that we're even having this discussion)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:24:39 pm by Howie66 »

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2014, 05:25:20 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »
Not only is it a gay couple, but an interracial one, too. We're two-for-two so far on the push-people's-buttons chart.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2014, 06:10:44 pm »
I don't care how many times the media saturates the airwaves with shots of gays kissing, I am never going to feel all warm and fuzzy inside and happy for their joy in the way I would with an opposite sex couple.  But I must admit the yuck factor is going away, so maybe some of the MSM objectives are being achieved.
It still abhors me, as well it should. But alas, perhaps my sense of what is supposed to be normal is so much stronger than everyone else's around me. We have a generation that has seen so much anti-normative pressure that they don't understand the concept anymore.

I mean, there are certain things in life where it's certainly OK to be "abnormal." Fashion, for instance. Yet, there also is a place where the desire to find a decent member of the opposite sex, settle down and have a family should be encouraged and accommodated. Instead, we now have "boyfriend-free" women, dogs acting as substitutes for children, and rapidly declining birth rates. (Not to mention wholescale acceptance of homosexuality.) It breaks my heart, both on a personal (I'm just getting over my attempts to win such a "boyfriend-free" woman over) and greater level. They just don't understand.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:11:26 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2014, 06:13:25 pm »
Not only is it a gay couple, but an interracial one, too. We're two-for-two so far on the push-people's-buttons chart.

I am beginning to getter a better understanding of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.   

Accepting gay marriage in society is hard enough to do....two men tonsil jousting with their tongues is disgusting.

I don't care for them rubbing it in my face with this public display of celebration.   Damn!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2014, 06:21:33 pm »
Rather than acting with dignity and decorum, he proved that it was and always will be about his homosexual lifestyle.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2014, 06:39:06 pm »
Rather than acting with dignity and decorum, he proved that it was and always will be about his homosexual lifestyle.

I quite agree.  He had photographers present?  It is certainly his right to do so, but I'd think a more sensible approach would be, "I'm focusing on football and my opportunity with the St. Louis Rams."
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2014, 08:30:08 pm »
I quite agree.  He had photographers present?  It is certainly his right to do so, but I'd think a more sensible approach would be, "I'm focusing on football and my opportunity with the St. Louis Rams."
To be fair to Sam, most draftees probably would want to have someone present recording the event for posterity, and that may include a photographer.

That being said, I certainly agree; Sam's behavior screams of that of an attention-seeker. Compare Sam's situation to that of Abby Wambach. Wambach is one of women's soccer's biggest stars. She also happens to be a lesbian. She doesn't make a big deal of it and doesn't think people should make a big deal of it.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2014, 09:06:35 pm »
To be fair to Sam, most draftees probably would want to have someone present recording the event for posterity, and that may include a photographer.

That being said, I certainly agree; Sam's behavior screams of that of an attention-seeker. Compare Sam's situation to that of Abby Wambach. Wambach is one of women's soccer's biggest stars. She also happens to be a lesbian. She doesn't make a big deal of it and doesn't think people should make a big deal of it.

To be fair soccer is not a sport

Offline Howie66

« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2014, 09:10:57 pm »
To be fair soccer is not a sport

:thumbsup: