Author Topic: 2014 NFL Draft  (Read 8108 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: 2014 NFL Draft
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2014, 12:47:03 am »
Pick #54
Tennessee Titans (via Philly)
Bishop Sankey (RB) Washington

First running back selected in this draft.  Longest it has taken to draft a RB since 1967 when the current draft was created.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2014, 12:47:42 am »
Pick #53
Green Bay Packers
Davante Adams (WR) Fresno State

Gotta trust TT.  He typically strikes gold in the 2nd round and he knows WR's.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2014, 12:53:27 am »
Pick #55
Cincinnati Bengals
Jeremy Bill (RB) LSU
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2014, 12:55:37 am »
Pick #56
Denver Broncos (via San Francisco via Chiefs)
Cody Latimer (WR) Indiana

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2014, 01:03:00 am »
Pick #57
San Francisco 49ers (via Miami via San Diego)
Carlos Hyde (RB) Ohio State

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2014, 01:06:00 am »
Pick #58
New Orleans Saints
Stan Jean-Baptiste (CB) Nebraska

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:25 am »
Pick #59
Indianapolis Colt
Jack Mewhort (OT) Ohio State

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2014, 01:14:27 am »
Pick #60
Carolina Panthers
Kony Ealy (DE) Missouri

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2014, 01:17:50 am »
Pick #61
Jacksonville Jaguars (via 49ers)
Allen Robinson (WR) Penn State

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2014, 01:24:03 am »
Pick #62
New England Patriots
Jimmy Garappolo (QB) Eastern Illinois (FCS School)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2014, 01:29:34 am »
Pick #63
Miami Dolphins (via Denver)
Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU

12th wide receiver in the draft, a new record for 2 rounds.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:31:25 am by Atomic Cow »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2014, 01:35:23 am »
Pick #64
Seattle Seahawks
Justin Britt (T) Missouri

And with that, I'm going to call it a draft.  The first two rounds are the ones most people care about and I'm going to bed in a bit.  Only got 3 hours of sleep last night and since I'm on vacation; I won't be online much.  Tonight I'm just waiting to go to bed in my hotel after that hellish day with the airlines.

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2014, 03:00:51 am »
Nice thread, Atomic - thanks.

But, but, but ..... someone's phone didn't ring.   

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2014, 03:10:25 am »
Yes, thank you Atomic for all your hard work!!  Enjoy your vacation!!

And, if that guy doesn't get drafted soon, expect an Executive Order from the White House!!

Maybe he feels he can exert some pressure on Snyder.......   "You like your team name, well you can keep your team name if....."

:silly:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:11:02 am by katzenjammer »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2014, 11:51:09 am »
Nice thread, Atomic - thanks.

But, but, but ..... someone's phone didn't ring.   

:silly: I was sure SF would have picked him by now.   :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2014, 11:53:59 am »
:silly: I was sure SF would have picked him by now.   :pondering:

Well, if the NFL doesn't want him...perhaps HGTV will.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »

goopo
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline flowers

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2014, 03:36:59 pm »
:laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2014, 11:07:27 pm »
Wow, here's a surprise.
Johnny Manziel leaves draft and parties hard
By Emily Smith and Stephanie Smith
May 9, 2014 | 10:20pm

Johnny Manziel wasn’t discouraged by his agonizing wait at the NFL Draft in Rockefeller Center — he partied like a winner at Avenue nightclub in Chelsea until the early hours of Friday with stars who included Drake.

After finally being picked by the Cleveland Browns, Johnny Football didn’t lose his swagger and was seen doing rum shots and swigging from a 6-liter Methuselah of Perrier-Jouët Champagne, all while surrounded by attractive women and sweaty suited sports agent types.

Manziel, still wearing his shirt and tie, was the center of attention at the party in the club’s mezzanine, where well-wishers included Drake, Birdman, Cleveland Cavaliers’ Kyrie Irving and Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin.

One witness told us, “Manziel held court at a private booth, as girls flocked to his table. He looked like he was loving the attention. He did shots of Atlantico [rum] and flirted and danced with the girls before spraying Champagne over everybody. We hope Manziel continues to love the game as much as he’s obviously loving the fame.”

Despite the late night revelry, which ended around 3 a.m., a tired-looking Manziel still made it to Friday’s introductory news conference at the NFL football team’s facility in Berea, Ohio.

Downstairs at Avenue, New York Giant Victor Cruz gathered with their new pick, LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Also spotted were Meek Mill, Busta Rhymes, Future, A$AP Ferg, Plaxico Burress, Julez Santana and rapper Yo Gotti.

After the party, Cruz, Burress and Adrian Peterson were spotted at Artichoke Basille’s Pizza and Bar in the early hours of Friday.

Meanwhile, new Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles had a more reserved celebration over dinner at Willow Road in Chelsea with a group of 20, including Chicago Bears quarterback Jordan Palmer.

And earlier in the night, Michael Vick was among guests at Ainsworth, as ESPN’s Merril Hoge lead a panel and Q&A with NFL stars including Burress, the Eagles’ LeSean McCoy and the Giants’ Rueben Randle.
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2014, 11:47:18 pm »
Michael Sam is drafted by the Rams.

The jokes just write themselves.............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2014, 12:32:22 am »
Michael Sam is drafted by the Rams.

The jokes just write themselves.............

How long before the Rams are told that they have to change their name and team colors?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2014, 12:45:59 am »
Frankly, I'm already tired of it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline rustynail

« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2014, 12:57:24 am »
How long before the Rams are told that they have to change their name and team colors?
What will become of the 'spread offense'?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2014, 12:59:42 am »

That's why Tampa Bay passed on him, the fans would never stand for going back to the old Gay Blade pink uniforms....

Just think what the Rams can do this year for the NFL's annual hot pink accessory month.....

:smokin:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2014, 01:06:30 am »
Frankly, I'm already tired of it.
As a die-hard PACKER BACKER, I can honestly say I really like what Ted Thompson did with the selections this year.

I was disappointed to see Chris Borland go to the Niners, but the idea that we got Jared Abbrederis made up for that! He's going to have to add some muscle, but he's got the hands for sure!

It's going to be interesting to see how we do with the UDFAs.

GO!! PACK!! GO!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:06:52 am by Howie66 »