Author Topic: Trey Gowdy dismisses death threat, reveals intent to subpoena Hillary Clinton  (Read 469 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.examiner.com/article/trey-gowdy-dismisses-death-threat-reveals-intent-to-subpoena-hillary-clinton

May 8, 2014
While appearing on Fox News Wednesday, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., laughed off a death threat he received after being tapped to head a select committee on the Benghazi terror attack, Newsmax reported. He also told Megyn Kelly he intends to subpoena former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

As we reported Tuesday, Politico said journalists had received emails saying harm would come to Gowdy over the Benghazi investigation. Capitol Police did not provide any details, but said “an active, open investigation" is underway.

"I was a prosecutor for 16 years. This is not my first death threat," he said. "I'm always happy when it doesn't come from my wife, and this one did not. So, I'm going to be fine, and it's not going to keep me from doing my job."

In 2012, a woman with a gun approached Gowdy as he sat in a car in Spartanburg, and Jermaine Nelson, an inmate from the McCormick Correctional Institution, sent threatening messages to the South Carolina Republican when he served as the district attorney for the state's Seventh District. Nelson pled guilty to sending those messages in July 2010.

Gowdy also said he intends to subpoena Clinton, but may not require her to testify at a hearing. Instead, he may opt to have her deposed, saying he can get more information from her. Rules regarding hearings limit the time members can ask questions, he explained.

Clinton recently told ABC News that all of the questions regarding Benghazi have been answered, telling Robin Roberts she was "absolutely" satisfied with the answers that have been given.

"I mean, of course there are a lot of reasons why, despite all of the hearings, all of the information that's provided, some choose not to be satisfied and choose to continue to move forward," she said. But a smoking gun email prompted more questions about the role played by the White House in the aftermath of the attack.

Kelly wondered if Clinton would be able to get out of giving a deposition, in light of her comments, Newsmax added.

"If she can get out of a subpoena, she can get out of it," Gowdy responded. "But I don't send invitations to cocktail parties."

If she doesn't obey the subpoena, Gowdy added, she'll suffer the same consequences as anyone else.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34