Author Topic: House panel subpoenas VA Secretary Shinseki for Phoenix hospital documents  (Read 394 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/08/house-panel-subpoenas-va-secretary-shinseki-for-phoenix-hospital-documents/

House panel subpoenas VA Secretary Shinseki for Phoenix hospital documents
Published May 08, 2014
FoxNews.com

A House committee voted Thursday to subpoena Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki for emails and documents tied to an alleged secret "waiting list" for sick veterans at a Phoenix VA hospital.

The vote on the House Veterans Affairs Committee comes as Shinseki begins to face calls -- from Congress and beyond -- for his resignation. In an interview with CBS News, Shinseki brushed aside those calls, while acknowledging that the Phoenix controversy "makes me angry."

Shinseki has placed top Phoenix officials on leave as the department tries to get to the bottom of what happened. As many as 40 veterans allegedly may have died because of delayed treatment at that hospital.

The communications being sought by the House committee would deal with the destruction or disappearance of the supposed secret waiting list at that facility.

Lawmakers said that a prior response from Shinseki did not adequately answer the committee's questions.

Meanwhile, Shinseki, a retired Army general, told CBS that he sent inspectors to Phoenix immediately when he learned of reports about the deaths.

"I take every one of these incidents and allegations seriously, and we're going to go and investigate," he said.

Earlier in the week, the American Legion called for him to step down over this and other controversies about veterans' care. At least two Republican senators have joined that call.

The White House has voiced support for the secretary amid the calls for his ouster.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good!

Someone should go to prison over this!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

is he exempt from obamacare?