Author Topic: BREAKING: House Republicans just voted to hold ex-IRS chief Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress  (Read 639 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Republican Congressional Committee
Liked · 3 mins 

BREAKING: House Republicans just voted to hold ex-IRS chief Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions about her illegal targeting of Tea Party and conservative groups.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/07/house-votes-to-hold-lerner-in-contempt-congress/
House votes to hold Lerner in contempt of Congress
Published May 07, 2014FoxNews.com

The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to hold former IRS official Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify about the agency’s targeting of conservative groups.

The House voted X-X for a resolution holding Lerner in contempt.

Lerner’s case will now be sent to the Justice Department, which then must decide whether to essentially prosecute Lerner in the case.

House GOP leaders have said Lerner’s testimony is important to fully investigate the scandal, in which IRS agents singled out Tea Party nonprofit applications for extra scrutiny.

“Thorough investigations by the Oversight and Government Reform Committee as well as the Ways and Means Committee have revealed findings that indicate that Ms. Lerner played a central role in the illegal targeting of conservative groups by the IRS,” House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said in a memo last month.

Last May, Lerner refused to answer questions at a hearing about IRS agents singling outTea Party applications. She again refused to answer questions in March, citing her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

The House Oversight Committee voted to hold Lerner in contempt last month. All Republicans voted in favor and all Democrats voted against.

Lerner directed the IRS division that processes applications for tax-exempt status. She retired from the IRS last fall, ending a 34-year career in the federal government, including work at the Justice Department and Federal Election Commission.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:13:27 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
26 (26!) Democrats join House Republicans calling for a special counsel at DOJ to investigate Lois Lerner's alleged criminal behavior.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Cantor ‏@GOPLeader 2m

The House just voted 250-168 to demand @TheJusticeDept appoint a special counsel to investigate #IRS targeting.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline R4 TrumPence

i was watching while having dinner.. I guess the 26 are concerned about the election :pondering:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
26 deems cross over on directing Holder to appoint Special Counsel

6 dems cross over to vote to hold Lerner in contempt
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lando Lincoln

'tis the election season.  I'll bet every one of those Dems are in toss-up congressional districts.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
'tis the election season.  I'll bet every one of those Dems are in toss-up congressional districts.

I'll be gracious. Maybe 6 of them are actually honest.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lando Lincoln

I'll be gracious. Maybe 6 of them are actually honest.

You are being gracious!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck