Author Topic: Republican Support for the Tea Party Drops 20 Points  (Read 420 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Republican Support for the Tea Party Drops 20 Points
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:44 am »
http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/all-series/republican-support-for-the-tea-party-drops-20-points/

In the last three and a half years, the number of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who consider themselves as supporters of the Tea Party has dropped 20 points, a new Gallup poll shows.

In November 2010, 61 percent of Republicans supported the Tea Party, that number has dropped to 41 percent currently. A plurarity of 48 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents now say they either have no opinion or neither support nor oppose the Tea Party,  a 14-point increase since 2010.

“Tea Party support, more than anything else, appears to substantially correlate with the more straightforward characteristics of being a core, conservative Republican. Thus, these trends may suggest that the GOP is on a more moderate track in general,” Gallup's Frank Newport writes in his analysis.

Even though GOP support for the Tea Party is down, the poll finds that Tea Party Republicans are the most focused on the midterms, with 52 percent saying they are enthusiastic about voting in November, compared to only 35 percent of non-Tea Party Republicans who say the same.

The poll comes in the wake of Thom Tillis' nomination for the U.S. Senate seat in North Carolina, a major victory for the Republican establishment. Tillis defeated Tea Party favorite Greg Bannon and will now face incumbent Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan in the November general election.

The Gallup survey results are based on telephone interviews of 1,513 adults conducted April 24-30, 2014. It has a margin of error is ±3 percentage points.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Republican Support for the Tea Party Drops 20 Points
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:59:11 am »
People are practical. They know that if they support the Tea Party, Obama's government goons are going to come down on them hard. How could that not weaken support? Average, everyday people are scared to death of Obama and the government and do not want any trouble.

Additionally, whether they are 'planted' or not, there have been some real loony-tunes running under the Tea Party flag. Because there is no real, organized Tea Party, it is unregulated and is therefore somewhat chaotic.

I think the Tea Party should become a real political party to increase the power and control of the brand. But, who would lead it? I don't know?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Republican Support for the Tea Party Drops 20 Points
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:02:19 am »
If you look at the Republican leaners in 2010 6 out of 10 Republican's supported the Tea Party.  Today only 4 out of 10 Republicans support the Tea Party.  Why does the minority of my party think they should make the rules?