Author Topic: Trey Gowdy Turns the Tables on Pelosi & Company With This Dose of Reality  (Read 498 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/136035-trey-gowdy-turns-tables-pelosi-co-dose-reality/

With the recent revelation of Trey Gowdy being chosen to chair the Benghazi Select Committee, Nancy Pelosi is hoping for political equality. She issued a statement saying:

“If this review is to be fair, it must be truly bipartisan.  The panel should be equally divided between Democrats and Republicans as is done on the House Ethics Committee. It should require that witnesses are called and interviewed, subpoenas are issued, and information is shared on a bipartisan basis. Only then could it be fair.”

Trey Gowdy responded to Pelosi’s request in an interview with Fox News:

“Well, I certainly hope the Democrats participate. I, Martha, continue to think that some things transcend politics like the murder of four of our fellow citizens and whether or not you trust government. That is not a red or blue issue. That is an American issue. As for whether or not they boycott, I hope they don’t.”

“I can tell you this. It is not going to be evenly constituted and when she was Speaker Pelosi, she certainly showed no interests in having an equal number of Republicans and Democrats.”

When Pelosi was Speaker of the House, she did not subscribe to a bipartisan way of leadership. She used her position to rally Democrats: ramming the Obamacare Bill through Congress, cutting off floor debates, as well as any opportunity to substantively amend the legislation.

Regardless of whom they choose for the Benghazi Committee, a successful investigation is dependent upon rising above politics, and looking at this from the perspective of a concerned American.

Potential Game Changer: Judge Napolitano Says Benghazi Select Committee Could Subpeona Obama

HT Hot Air
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

God Bless Mr. Gowdy. I would have loved to see the crusty old hag Pelosi when she was told what Gowdy said.