Author Topic: Pelosi opens door to Democrats on Benghazi committee  (Read 592 times)

Offline flowers

Pelosi opens door to Democrats on Benghazi committee
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:47:31 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/06/pelosi-opens-door-to-democrats-on-benghazi-committee/?intcmp=latestnews

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi rebuffed calls from her party for Democrats to boycott a newly announced Benghazi investigation, saying Tuesday that the so-called select committee should have bipartisan members.

"If this review is to be fair, it must be truly bipartisan," Pelosi said in a written statement.

She went a step further, calling for the committee to be "equally divided between Democrats and Republicans as is done on the House Ethics Committee."

It's unclear whether Republican leaders would agree to that request. Republicans pointed out that despite Pelosi's call for an equally divided panel, the breakdown of a prior select committee on climate change, engineered by the California Democrat, included nine Democrats and six Republicans.

Details of the proposed Benghazi committee have not yet been released, except for Monday's decision to name Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., as chairman. A formal vote to establish the investigative committee is expected by the end of the week.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Pelosi opens door to Democrats on Benghazi committee
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 04:49:54 pm »
"If this review is to be fair, it must be truly bipartisan," Pelosi said in a written statement.

She went a step further, calling for the committee to be "equally divided between Democrats and Republicans as is done on the House Ethics Committee."

There are more Republicans in Congress than Democrats.

“Elections have consequences..." - Barack Hussein Obama

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 05:24:24 pm »
There are more Republicans in Congress than Democrats.

“Elections have consequences..." - Barack Hussein Obama

Bingo.  She should be given just enough democrats that she cannot complain about a lack of bipartisanship, but not so many that they can be disruptive or derail the proceedings.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

Bingo.  She should be given just enough democrats that she cannot complain about a lack of bipartisanship, but not so many that they can be disruptive or derail the proceedings.

Yes indeed! And the fact that the formation of the select committee is driving the democrats to apoplexy gives me great comfort!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien