Author Topic: Obama Biographer: 'The World Seems to Disappoint Him' Daniel Halper  (Read 619 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/obama-biographer-world-seems-disappoint-him_791045.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Obama Biographer: 'The World Seems to Disappoint Him'
Daniel Halper
May 6, 2014 8:11 AM

David Remnick, an Obama biographer and the editor of the New Yorker, said this morning on national TV that President Obama is disappointed in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8zQdXz-l0

"The profile [of President Obama] that I published in the New Yorker was somebody that eerily, eerily seemed to be claiming himself--it was a sense of not giving up, but of deep frustration--that was the profile that I published in the New Yorker. Somebody frustrated and disappointed," said Remnick, who has proven to be deeply sympathetic to this president.

"And that's what's frustrating to me sometimes about Obama is that the world seems to disappoint him," he continued to laughter from others on the TV set. "Republicans disappoint him, Bashar al-Assad disappoints him, Putin as well. And the fighting spirit sometimes is lacking in the performative aspects of the presidency."

But that hasn't kept Remnick from souring on Obama. "Do I think that at the end of eight years this will go down as a terrible presidency? I don't. You do. I don't. I think an enormous amount has been achieved."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
He is too self-absorbed to focus on other people and understand the nature of the people he is dealing with.  And so, he is easily rolled by charlatans and petty thieves.

Offline musiclady

Oh, not nearly as much as the world is disappoint in YOU, Barry...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He will be overrated by history, since he is black. Like affirmative action.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

For the next 20 years or so, but eventually history will have its revenge on him.

Offline speekinout

For the next 20 years or so, but eventually history will have its revenge on him.

Yes, and mean as I am, I'm glad that he's young enough to see the day when history tells his true story.  :smokin:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yes, and mean as I am, I'm glad that he's young enough to see the day when history tells his true story.  :smokin:

AND THE OCEANS WILL RECEDE! AND THE EARTH WILL HEAL! AND THE LION SHALL LAY WITH THE LAMB AS I WAVE MY MAJESTIC BLESSED WAND ACROSS THE FACE OF THE EARTH. FOR I AM OBAMA!!!!

AND I WILL MAKE ALL THAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE GOOD, COME TRUE!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

History is written by the victor. This is true. But history did not have video, twitter, facebook, gigabytes of data.

In this case, history will tell the story of Obama. It is my belief that he will become to be known as the 'traitor President'.

See? He is once again the first of a kind to be President. We have never had a person who hates America as President before, either.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.