Author Topic: Woman Films Her Own Abortion To Show World How ‘Cool’ It Is  (Read 1597 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/05/woman-films-her-own-abortion-to-show-world-how-cool-it-is/

Woman Films Her Own Abortion To Show World How ‘Cool’ It Is
4:01 PM 05/05/2014

Robby Soave
Reporter

Emily Letts, a counselor at a New Jersey abortion clinic, decided to film her own abortion and post it on YouTube as a form of positive inspiration to women who are contemplating having the procedure but worry that they might feel guilty afterward.

Letts has no such guilt. She recalls the procedure with fondness. She even describes it as “birth-like,” and said it made her feel good, just like giving birth would.

Letts, whose job involves encouraging women to have abortions, sees her own abortion as an entirely positive experience, and hopes the video will prove to be both instructional and morally persuasive. She feels better about herself every time she watches the video, according to Cosmopolitan.

“Still, every time I watch the video, I love it,” she wrote. “I love how positive it is. I think that there are just no positive abortion stories on video for everyone to see. But mine is.”

The disturbing video has been viewed 10,000 on YouTube. During the three-minute procedure, she repeatedly tells herself how lucky she is. She also hums to herself.

After the abortion is over, she says, “Cool. I feel good.”

Letts writes that having an abortion and giving birth produce similarly happy feelings. Despite aborting her child, she kept the sonogram.

“I remember breathing and humming through it like I was giving birth,” she wrote. “I know that sounds weird, but to me, this was as birth-like as it could be. It will always be a special memory for me. I still have my sonogram, and if my apartment were to catch fire, it would be the first thing I’d grab.”

The response has been overwhelmingly negative. The video was downvoted more than 300 times, and received only 100 likes.

Still, she is hopeful the video will inspire women who have had abortions–or want to have abortions–to let go of their guilt. Letts certainly has none.

She does feel a little bad about getting pregnant in the first place, though.

“I do feel a little irresponsible and embarrassed about not using birth control,” she wrote. “I mean, Emily, wake up! What are you doing? I was going against the advice I give to patients all the time. So I had them put an IUD in after the abortion. I was able to learn and move forward. And I am grateful that I can share my story and inspire other women to stop the guilt.”

ThinkProgress hailed Letts for filming her abortion and putting a positive spin on it.

“For instance, Letts’ story helps demonstrate the fact that abortion isn’t a barbaric procedure that needs additional regulation in order to make it safer,” wrote ThinkProgress.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:44:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Woman Films Her Own Abortion To Show World How ‘Cool’ It Is
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:55:45 pm »
Satan is working in our midst.     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 12:53:05 am »
She must be equating her baby with a tumor. What a sick b*tch!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 12:57:40 am »
Satan is working in our midst.     **nononono*

No words. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 01:40:28 am »
This *woman* repulses me...and I am being kind.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 02:04:14 am »
Progressivism is a Death Cult.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 02:08:19 am »
Progressivism is a Death Cult.

It's not hard to see how progressive ideology led to the Nazi death camps, is it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 02:09:39 am »
bizarro

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 02:13:07 am »
“I remember breathing and humming through it like I was giving birth,” she wrote. “I know that sounds weird, but to me, this was as birth-like as it could be. It will always be a special memory for me. I still have my sonogram, and if my apartment were to catch fire, it would be the first thing I’d grab.

That is so sick.  I have always said that "abortion is the liberal's sacrifice to the god of convenience".  It is almost like she is making a human sacrifice.......

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 02:21:44 am »
no comment
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 02:22:41 am »
It's not hard to see how progressive ideology led to the Nazi death camps, is it?

As a Jew, perhaps I see it with a special clarity.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:23 am »
What in the Hell is wrong with the world today?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 11:30:39 am »
Just look at your avatar. The frog has decided he really likes the water at about 212 degrees.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 12:50:45 pm »

The answer is contained in your question.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 12:52:42 pm »
I wonder if she consciously realizes how much of a sociopath she really is.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 12:56:13 pm »
Will this torment her in her later years?  I pray so.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »

Probably as much as do other sociopaths, like our President, for example.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 01:06:25 pm »
I wonder who paid for this marvelous, uplifting experience?  I'm betting the money trail comes back to you and me somehow.

Offline happyg

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 01:12:43 pm »
If she does decide to have babies, I wonder how she will explain this video to them?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:06 pm »
If she does decide to have babies, I wonder how she will explain this video to them?

Wow.  Great question.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 01:35:43 pm »

"Sociopath?"  I don't think so.  I suspect that the words that she would use to describe herself would be: free, liberated, enlightened, progressive, edgy, and fearless.  As warped as it may sound, I think that she believes she is providing some great service to womyn and humanity in toto.  smh

Offline Millee

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 01:41:14 pm »
I pray that she's unable to conceive again and she dies old and alone.   :chairbang:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 01:41:34 pm »
"Sociopath?"  I don't think so.  I suspect that the words that she would use to describe herself would be: free, liberated, enlightened, progressive, edgy, and fearless.  As warped as it may sound, I think that she believes she is providing some great service to womyn and humanity in toto.  smh

Maybe so, but in truth her video is as good a piece of pro-life propaganda as you are likely to find.  I was thinking of turning it into a video myself, but once I looked at it I realized it speaks for itself.  I could not improve upon it in terms of the power it has to persuade women not to have an abortion.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 01:46:06 pm »
Maybe so, but in truth her video is as good a piece of pro-life propaganda as you are likely to find.  I was thinking of turning it into a video myself, but once I looked at it I realized it speaks for itself.  I could not improve upon it in terms of the power it has to persuade women not to have an abortion.

I hope that you are right.  But I really don't know, in this day and age, how people (women in particular) view something like that.  I just really don't know.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 01:53:54 pm »
I hope that you are right.  But I really don't know, in this day and age, how people (women in particular) view something like that.  I just really don't know.

You Tube has to disallow the comments function.  That should speak volumes.