Author Topic: Boehner Below 50 Percent Republican Support In Own District Ahead Of Tuesday’s Primary  (Read 1704 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/04/boehner-below-50-percent-support-in-own-district-ahead-of-tuesdays-primary/?print=1

Boehner Below 50 Percent Republican Support In Own District Ahead Of Tuesday’s Primary

Posted By Patrick Howley On 7:45 PM 05/04/2014

Republican House Speaker John Boehner would win only 49 percent of the Republican vote if his re-election race were held today, according to an internal survey conducted by Gravis Marketing, results of which were obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller.

Boehner picked up 49 percent support in his re-election bid and registered a 30 percent “unfavorable” rating in the poll, which surveyed Republican voters in Ohio’s eighth congressional district that have voted in all four of the last Republican primaries in the state. The internal phone survey was based on a sample size of 2,275 high-propensity voters in the district.

Boehner faces tea party challenger J.D. Winteregg in Tuesday’s Republican primary, in which approximately 85,000 voters are expected to head to the polls. Winteregg, who has been endorsed by the Tea Party Leadership Fund, was recently fired from his job as an adjunct professor at Ohio’s Cedarville University for running a viral commercial parody accusing Boehner of “Electile Dysfunction.”

Winteregg joined Boehner’s 2010 Democratic opponent Justin Coussoule in an exclusive club: Boehner’s last two serious district challengers were both fired from their Ohio jobs during their campaigns.

Though more than $300,000 has been spent on Winteregg’s behalf in the campaign, Boehner has drastically outraised the tea party candidate and is inundating district voters with mailings and paid door-knocks ahead of Tuesday’s primary.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Winteregg joined Boehner’s 2010 Democratic opponent Justin Coussoule in an exclusive club: Boehner’s last two serious district challengers were both fired from their Ohio jobs during their campaigns.
Chilling, isn't it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

Chilling, isn't it?

Not really. 

You're under the impression that a liberal-run college would fire a professor (Winteregg) for criticizing a conservative Republican.  It's more likely that the college was embarrassed by his goofy "Electile Dysfunction" ad.

And, of course, there's no reason given why the Democrat was fired during the campaign season. Maybe the twerp was spending more time campaigning than he was working.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not really. 

You're under the impression that a liberal-run college would fire a professor (Winteregg) for criticizing a conservative Republican.  It's more likely that the college was embarrassed by his goofy "Electile Dysfunction" ad.
What's the difference? He was fired for speaking out against an incumbent politician, and twice-- in a row-- this has happened to Boehner's opponents. That's not right. And you can claim "more likely that the college was embarrassed" all you want; we have professors all across this country that do more embarrassing things every day as part of their official duties. That argument is laughable.

I have seen political retaliation firsthand. It is real.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:47:22 am by jmyrlefuller »

Offline sinkspur

What's the difference? He was fired for speaking out against an incumbent politician, and twice-- in a row-- this has happened to Boehner's opponents. That's not right. And you can claim "more likely that the college was embarrassed" all you want; we have professors all across this country that do more embarrassing things every day as part of their official duties. That argument is laughable.

I have seen political retaliation firsthand. It is real.

So you're telling me that this college supports Boehner.   Is that what you're telling me?

The conspiracy mindset infects even the most level-headed among us, it seems.

Offline happyg

So you're telling me that this college supports Boehner.   Is that what you're telling me?

The conspiracy mindset infects even the most level-headed among us, it seems.

The college is a Christian college, so it's likely to support Boehner, but it claims to be non partisan.

Full statement from Cedarville University:

"J.D.Winteregg has been an adjunct professor of French for the past three years. He instructed one online class each semester but last week concluded his teaching responsibilities. He is not scheduled to teach any future classes at Cedarville University.
Cedarville University does not engage in partisan politics and holds a high regard for displaying Christian values in the community. When faculty or staff members participate in political conversations, interviews, advertisements, or endorsements, they are doing so as individual citizens. Mr. Winteregg in his recent political campaign video did not represent the views or values of Cedarville University."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/04/28/Boehner-challenger-fired-for-electile-dysfunction-ad/3911398708378/#ixzz30tivfeyH

Offline sinkspur

Oh, so it's a Christian college that thinks that dopey "Electile Dysfunction" ad was in poor taste.

It was.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Oh, so it's a Christian college that thinks that dopey "Electile Dysfunction" ad was in poor taste.

It was.
Apparently yet another bad taste true conservative, hell-bent to get attention.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

Winteregg, who has been endorsed by the Tea Party Leadership Fund, was recently fired from his job as an adjunct professor at Ohio’s Cedarville University for running a viral commercial parody accusing Boehner of “Electile Dysfunction.”

In the past, social conservatives would be outraged about this sort of juvenile attack. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Ridiculous story. 
Where are the votes for Winteregg?
Where are the undecided?

Try this
Boehner 49%
Winteregg 20%
Undecided 31%

Is it a big story now?

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/boehners-reelection-the-beginning-of-the-end/
It’s unlikely that the Speaker will lose his renomination fight. The fact that he has three opponents in an electoral system with no run-off means it will be very difficult to coalesce the anti-Boehner Republican vote around one candidate.

That's right Boehner h8rs.  Boehner has 3 opponents and only needs a plurality of votes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:59:44 am by Once-Ler »

SPQR

Winteregg is a adjunct professor meaning that he does not hold a full time position at the college.An adjunct is generally not required (or permitted) to participate in the administrative responsibilities at the institution expected of other full-time professors, nor do they generally have research responsibilities.In 2014, a national news story described the situation of adjuncts as "Juggling multiple part-time jobs, earning little-to-no benefits, depending on public assistance. He does not need any public assistance but his wife brings in 2 I/2 times he makes. This is the financial reality for many adjunct professors across the nation. They are at the bottom of the pay scale. My brother may have a PhD but he is considered a adjunct professor. Basically, Boehner is getting losing to a part time French teacher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjunct_professor#Adjunct_professor
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:33:05 am by SPQR »

Offline Carling

Whoever made that poll, as well as the Daily Caller, just got embarrassed by the results they posted.   :seeya:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Whoever made that poll, as well as the Daily Caller, just got embarrassed by the results they posted.   :seeya:

Well the good news is Winteregg can still fall back to his teaching gig...oh wait.
You know, at first I didn't see how funny that Electile Disfunction video was.  Now it is hilarious. :silly:

SPQR

Nobody is perfect.

Past President Gordon Hinckley says "None of us will become perfect in a day or a month or a year"

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well the good news is Winteregg can still fall back to his teaching gig...oh wait.
You know, at first I didn't see how funny that Electile Disfunction video was.  Now it is hilarious. :silly:

All Hail Komissar Boehner, Congressman for Life, or else you lose your livelihood! 'Murica!  :4th:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
In the past, social conservatives would be outraged about this sort of juvenile attack.

"Electile Dysfunction" as a campaign theme, torture as a Christian religious rite.

The TEA Party likes to call the GOP "the stupid Party", however, I don't think that you beat stupid with vulgar.

Apparently not anyway.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Winteregg is a adjunct professor meaning that he does not hold a full time position at the college.An adjunct is generally not required (or permitted) to participate in the administrative responsibilities at the institution expected of other full-time professors, nor do they generally have research responsibilities.In 2014, a national news story described the situation of adjuncts as "Juggling multiple part-time jobs, earning little-to-no benefits, depending on public assistance. He does not need any public assistance but his wife brings in 2 I/2 times he makes. This is the financial reality for many adjunct professors across the nation. They are at the bottom of the pay scale. My brother may have a PhD but he is considered a adjunct professor. Basically, Boehner is getting losing to a part time French teacher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjunct_professor#Adjunct_professor

Winteregg was as much a professor as Obama was a Constitutional scholar.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

Since Boehner got 74% (not the "under 50%" in the poll-article), it appears Tea Party voters may have been outraged by Winteregg's sexual references.

Tea Party organization "heads" have a vested interest in keeping their fundraising going, no matter how crappy their candidates.

SPQR

Winteregg was as much a professor as Obama was a Constitutional scholar.

The military school I attend  laugh at some of the adjunct professors because they really do not help the students and I just do not know what they are doing. However, there are  really good ones out there.I call them the "waterboys" for the real professors.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:48:11 pm by SPQR »

Offline sinkspur

Since Boehner got 74% (not the "under 50%" in the poll-article), it appears Tea Party voters may have been outraged by Winteregg's sexual references.

Tea Party organization "heads" have a vested interest in keeping their fundraising going, no matter how crappy their candidates.

Yep.  There's gold in trashing fellow Republicans.  The problem is, SCF, FreedomWorks, and Heritage Action are losing their asses on these primaries.  Tea Party candidates are crashing and burning.

Once it becomes evident to the grassroot TPers that they've thrown their money away, Matt Kibbe's going to be standing on a street corner with a tin cup.

Offline truth_seeker

Yep.  There's gold in trashing fellow Republicans.  The problem is, SCF, FreedomWorks, and Heritage Action are losing their asses on these primaries.  Tea Party candidates are crashing and burning.

Once it becomes evident to the grassroot TPers that they've thrown their money away, Matt Kibbe's going to be standing on a street corner with a tin cup.
They are sure in a mode of "Over Promised, and Under Delivered" for those able to view it in that light.

Had the TP stuck with the original premise (fiscal), targeted a FEW seats, screened candidates, they would be fine. But as the list of their goofball losers grows, the credibility of the organizations should drop off the table.

Their entire paradigm relies on depicting a big conflict between themselves, and their mythical boogey man GOPe. Frequent negative references to the C Of C, which they ignore employs large numbers of voters.

Lapses like that--pitting themselves AGAINST the employers of Republican voters shows their ill-defined purpose.

Not to mention the "mission creep" from fiscal origins, to consistently opposing abortions in cases of rape, gives many voters reason to pass on them.

All in all, they have pissed away most of the credibiity they had. Not to mention surrendering some seats that were held by the GOP.

Offline speekinout

They are sure in a mode of "Over Promised, and Under Delivered" for those able to view it in that light.

Had the TP stuck with the original premise (fiscal), targeted a FEW seats, screened candidates, they would be fine. But as the list of their goofball losers grows, the credibility of the organizations should drop off the table.

Their entire paradigm relies on depicting a big conflict between themselves, and their mythical boogey man GOPe. Frequent negative references to the C Of C, which they ignore employs large numbers of voters.

Lapses like that--pitting themselves AGAINST the employers of Republican voters shows their ill-defined purpose.

Not to mention the "mission creep" from fiscal origins, to consistently opposing abortions in cases of rape, gives many voters reason to pass on them.

All in all, they have pissed away most of the credibiity they had. Not to mention surrendering some seats that were held by the GOP.

:amen:

I was a pretty enthusiastic Tea Partier for a year or so. The fiscal issues they talked about really mattered to me. Then they got more interested in "pure" conservatives - to paraphrase Reagan (if a heretic is still allowed to) - I didn't leave the Tea Party; they left me.

Offline truth_seeker

:amen:

I was a pretty enthusiastic Tea Partier for a year or so. The fiscal issues they talked about really mattered to me. Then they got more interested in "pure" conservatives - to paraphrase Reagan (if a heretic is still allowed to) - I didn't leave the Tea Party; they left me.
So true.

I was jazzed about the Tea Party, until I realized it had been co-opted by the same old social conservatives, and was no different than existing political factions.

In other words, the Tea Party abandoned the paradigm for which it was formed.

Offline Carling

I've wanted to find a political movement that leaned libertarian, but without being completely Kook Town, for a long time.  When the Tea Party first started, its Taxed Enough Already message resounded in me.  Over the last 5 years, though, it's been co-opted by scam artists who are preying on mostly middle-class voters by simply throwing red meat at them. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:14:58 am by Carling »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I've wanted to find a political movement that leaned libertarian, but without being completely Kook Town, for a long time.  When the Tea Party first started, its Taxed Enough Already message resounded in me.  Over the last 5 years, though, it's been co-opted by scam artists who are preying on mostly middle-class voters by simply throwing red meat at them.

That's just another example of runaway SoCon political solipsism.

No "true" conservative movement can exist outside what constitutes their own definition of conservatism.

In the process of hijacking what was essentially a tax revolt, SoCons drove out any non right wing members of the TEA Party and destroyed any vision of  the Party as a polity made up of a cross section of the American people at large.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:18:10 pm by Luis Gonzalez »