Author Topic: American Flag Unwelcome in California School on Cinco de Mayo  (Read 716 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/05/05/American-flag-unwelcome-in-California-school

by Rick Manning 5 May 2014, 12:34 PM PDT

My Uncle Mark Stewart stood outside Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, California this morning holding an American flag in support of students who were ordered by school administrators in 2010 to turn shirts inside out that were adorned by the flag on May 5, 2010.

The citizens silent patriotic salute on this May 5, four years later, was triggered by a February, Ninth Circuit Court decision that sided with the school in forcing students to make the American flag disappear on Cinco de Mayo--coincidentally a day that is not even a holiday in Mexico.

The rationale for the ruling--concern over violence by recent Mexican immigrants over the display of the Stars and Stripes.

Here is the real question.

What the heck is going on in Morgan Hill, California?

The threat to American flag wearing students was deemed so severe that a federal court ruled that the First Amendment rights of those students were outweighed by public safety concerns.

The melting pot that has made our nation great depends upon a basic acceptance of allegiance to the American system of government.

We saw that in World War II, when second generation Japanese-Americans fought and died side by side with other Americans to defeat fascism. They did so even in the face of a national distrust of the loyalties of their parents that led to internment camps during the War.

Ultimately, being an American is a privilege. Those who have the good fortune of being born here to U.S. citizens are blessed with living in the best country in the world. In America, individual rights are endowed by our Creator, not bestowed by government, and our flag has flown as a symbol of liberty, leading men and women who have fought and died for the freedom of others around the world.

When the flag that stands for freedom in nation’s throughout the world is not welcomed in a U.S. public school because of competing nationalism, it is not those who stand up for the United States who are wrong.

The very fact this is not true at a high school in Morgan Hill, California among other places in our country, tells us much more about the state of our nation, than any 30 second ad from a tech billionaire looking to squeeze out cheaper labor costs ever could.

It seems that the only problem with the tee shirts those kids tried to wear is that the American flag should have been sewn upside down, to truly reflect the distress which our Republic finds itself.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: American Flag Unwelcome in California School on Cinco de Mayo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:04:15 pm »
I simply don't understand this. At all.  :shrug:

Every single American I know and have had the honor of working with reverences the flag. One of my most treasured possessions is an American flag patch and unit patch I were gifted by a unit after a tricky extract, on the promise to never wash it. It's wearer didn't make it. I wore it for years.

First they came for the commandments. Then for prayer in school. Then patriotism, as an outmoded concept. Now for the flag.

Seriously - what you guys got left?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 09:15:11 pm »
I simply don't understand this. At all.  :shrug:

Every single American I know and have had the honor of working with reverences the flag. One of my most treasured possessions is an American flag patch and unit patch I were gifted by a unit after a tricky extract, on the promise to never wash it. It's wearer didn't make it. I wore it for years.

First they came for the commandments. Then for prayer in school. Then patriotism, as an outmoded concept. Now for the flag.

Seriously - what you guys got left?

Not much. Good people are still in America, but we are out numbered, and over powered. We are watching the dismantling of a once proud nation. The left is relentless, ruthless, motivated, and continues the attack on all fronts. The long term goal is one world government, a leftist government, of course. A strong, nationalistic United States stands in the way of that goal. The leftists are making remarkable progress in removing that obstacle.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:24:40 pm »
There's a supposedly 'simple' explanation for this.

The area is rife with youth gangs.  Immigrants tend to congregate together for safety and other reasons.  Gang culture, etc..

Cinco de Mayo is 'their' day.  Let them have it and we should all  STFU.  That means leave the American flag at home, because it could only be intended to purposely incite.

....and the teachers and progressive school districts don't want to deal with it, or have any unwelcome publicity.

That doesn't mean that EVERYBODY who's not Hispanic doesn't wear the American flag the day before and the day after.....just to remind the godless b*tches.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:34:49 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:29:42 pm »
There's a supposedly 'simple' explanation for this.

Funny, the Irish never seemed upset by the American flag on St. Patrick's Day.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. Go amnesty, right?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »
Funny, the Irish never seemed upset by the American flag on St. Patrick's Day.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. Go amnesty, right?

Not for amnesty.  Because once that is passed, Barack Obama will give them voting rights under Executive Order.

Any logical person [read: Conservative = Republicans] who raises an objection will be 'the enemy' for a generation.

I gave the warning over a decade ago.   That ship has sailed.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 10:19:32 pm »
California, the real world looking-glass world.  Carroll's imagination was rather weak, after all.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 12:13:41 am »
DCPatriot wrote above:
[[ I gave the warning over a decade ago.   That ship has sailed.  ]]

If indeed the "ship has sailed", then the fate of much of the nation (perhaps not all) is all-but sealed...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:49:29 am »
DCPatriot wrote above:
[[ I gave the warning over a decade ago.   That ship has sailed.  ]]

If indeed the "ship has sailed", then the fate of much of the nation (perhaps not all) is all-but sealed...

And that's the only explanation for the behavior of the Republican Establishment....they are doing their damnedest to appear friendly and compassionate. 

But it's political suicide unless the Republicans can present charming, engaging, Conservative Hispanics.  Hopefully a female that looks like Salma Hayek  LOL!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 01:28:23 am »

Stay thirsty, my friends!    :beer:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 01:41:22 am »

Stay thirsty, my friends!    :beer:

In our household, we celebrate Cinco de Meow!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 01:47:46 am »
In our household, we celebrate Cinco de Meow!

LOL!    :beer: