Author Topic: John Podesta issues warning to GOP on climate regulations  (Read 372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Podesta issues warning to GOP on climate regulations
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:09 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2548084#.U2fmnUqMf4g.twitter

John Podesta issues warning to GOP on climate regulations
BY BRIAN HUGHES | MAY 5, 2014 AT 3:27 PM

White House senior adviser John Podesta had a clear message Monday for Republicans trying to undo President Obama's environmental regulations: It won't work.

Podesta, dispatched to the White House briefing room Monday to preview a forthcoming report from the administration on climate change, took aim at the Republicans trying to squash new Environmental Protection Agency rules on carbon emissions.

“All I would say is that those have zero percent chance of working. We're committed to moving forward with those rules,” he said. “We're committed to maintaining the authority and the president's authority to ensure that the Clean Air Act is fully implemented.”

Leading Republicans are expected to offer amendments this week to an energy efficiency bill, trying to undo Obama’s regulatory push to limit greenhouse gases from power plants.

But Podesta said the administration was on pace to meet a June deadline to propose new limits on carbon emissions from existing power plants.

And the senior White House official criticized those who deny the effects of climate change.

“I'd say that probably look out your window,” he said to critics.

“If you want to try to side with the polluters and argue to the American public that climate change is not happening, today, tomorrow and certainly in the future, that's going to be a losing argument,” he added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

Re: John Podesta issues warning to GOP on climate regulations
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:15:35 am »
But Podesta said the administration was on pace to meet a June deadline to propose new limits on carbon emissions from existing power plants.

And the senior White House official criticized those who deny the effects of climate change.

“I'd say that probably look out your window,” he said to critics.

Global warming, huh? Anyone in the northern part of the US who looked out their windows anytime this year sure didn't see any signs of global warming. Most people would have been happy to emit a little more CO2 if that would have warmed the climate just a tad.  :laugh:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:42 am »
Welcome to the Climate Change Inquisition.....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:05:23 am »
I can suggest a good spot for Podesta to put his warning!

But that wouldn't be nice!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:00:48 am »
It's Cinco de Mayo here in New Hampshire and none of our trees yet have leaves on them.

Because it's been too.... cold. Which merely constitutes evidence of "climate change", of course.

Podesta's Center for American Progress is an Orwellian Wet Dream, and he is a Progressive fascist of the first order. He fits in perfectly with an Administration committed to promoting the endless expansion of the glorious State by means of Undeniable Truth, in which dissent is not evidence of free thought, but of evil intent.

And soon, if their power is left unchecked: all dissent will be crime. Yes, it can happen here, and it will if we let it.   

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn