Author Topic: Half of Illinois Wants to Escape the State John Ransom  (Read 298 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Half of Illinois Wants to Escape the State John Ransom
« on: May 06, 2014, 01:38:13 pm »
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2014/05/06/half-of-illinois-wants-to-escape-the-state-n1833721/print

Half of Illinois Wants to Escape the State
John Ransom
5/6/2014 12:01:00 AM

I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed. – Jonathan Swift

Even Illinoisans are ashamed.

The wickedness has become so obvious, so entrenched and so brazen, that the state that used to take pride in their corruption, because it “worked,” now understands the Faustian bargain they've made.

Last week it was revealed that half of all Illinoisans want to leave the state.

"Every state has at least some residents who are looking for greener pastures," says Gallup, "but nowhere is the desire to move more prevalent than in Illinois and Connecticut. In both of these states, about half of residents say that if given the chance to move to a different state, they would like to do so. Maryland is a close third, at 47%. By contrast, in Montana, Hawaii, and Maine, just 23% say they would like to relocate. Nearly as few -- 24% -- feel this way in Oregon, New Hampshire, and Texas."

A Gallup poll revealed previously that by a wide margin Illinoisans trust their government less than any other state in the union.

According to Gallup only 28% of people from Illinois have a great deal of trust in their government.

The Land of Lincoln is followed by Rhode Island, Maine, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, California and Maryland-- all of which post numbers from 40% to 49% level of trust by resident.

Residents from small government, pro-market states North Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, Nebraska, Texas and Alaska rate their government's highest in terms of trust, posting numbers as high as 79% of residents saying they have a great deal of trust in their government.

And that's not really a coincidence is it?

“Even though Midwesterners are generally more positive about their states,” writes the Chicago Tribune, “Illinois residents are the exception, with 25 percent declaring that it is ‘the worst possible state to live.’ The particularly grim outlook of Illinois residents could be attributed to factors like high-profile scandals and high taxes.”

And it can also be attributed to the fact that the same bozo that is running the country right now, came from Illinois.

Or more succinctly, Chicago. And Chicago is certainly the worst thing that ever happened to Obama, in the same way that Obama is the worst thing that ever happened to Chicago.

So like a lot of stories these days, Chicago works its way in there as a burr buried deep in someone’s hair since the 1960s.

If you are like me, you’re about as tired of my hometown of Chicago as the Detroit Lions are of Soldier Field. You are as tired of being ruled by aging hippies from there—like Hillary Clinton-- as you are of seeing slobbering media try to prop up an administration that deserves no props.

Chicago’s become the punchline behind the joke on the Obama administration in the same way that Monica Lewinsky became the punchline for the joke on Bill Clinton’s administration.

Metaphorically, there’s a great big stain splotching up the frock Chicago’s wearing. And we don’t have to wait for the DNA test to show who the culprits are or what they are up to.

Let me tell you what the history books will say.

The history books will say that these were the days of the last hurrah for the Democrat party machine; they will say that Chicago took a corrupt machine politician, packaged him as the reform candidate, realizing that they either had to export their corruption or die.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him," wrote Swift.

And that applies especially to the genius of smaller government.

At a time when technology has given citizens the ability to be better informed, better educated and lead better lives, the dunces are conspiring to take away choices, rather than truly empower citizens.

So far from being truly “progressive”, in any meaningful sense of the word-- as opposed to the ideological sense of the word-- the nation's experiment in Chicago type politics can be seen as reactionary rather than something new, honest and hopeful.

And it’s not just Illinoisans that are paying attention.

Young people are too.

Conservative is becoming counterculture thanks to organic mismanagement, petty opportunism and lies-- the cornerstones on which the liberal freemasonry rests.

We saw that same effect under Jimmy Carter, as counterculture icons like Saturday Night Live helped turn the peanut farmer’s administration into a real life parody of a Saturday Night Live skit.

From there SNL and liberalism had nowhere to go but the mainstream, thereby creating hordes of young people, like me, who looked at liberalism as a swindle, a contrivance and a fraud.

So prepare, my friends, for the next American Century-- a conservative one.

Illinoisans are.

And that says a lot.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Half of Illinois Wants to Escape the State John Ransom
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:11 pm »
Just last week, a poll taken got the same exact results in Maryland.

Maryland....rain tax....flush tax....more than 25% of water utility bills is taxes....same for cable tv service.

If I were 20 years younger....  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald