Author Topic: Attkisson: There’s a ‘Well-Orchestrated Strategy to Controversialize’ Benghazi  (Read 332 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/attkisson-theres-a-%E2%80%98well-orchestrated-strategy-to-controversialize%E2%80%99-benghazi/

Attkisson: There’s a ‘Well-Orchestrated Strategy to Controversialize’ Benghazi
by Noah Rothman | 8:09 am, May 5th, 2014

Former CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson joined the hosts of Fox & Friends on Monday and was asked for her thoughts on apparent efforts by former Obama administration officials Tommy Vietor and David Plouffe to dismiss the latest revelations about the response to the Benghazi attack. The former CBS reporter said that she believes there is a concerted effort to delegitimize investigations into that deadly 2012 attack orchestrated by people close to the White House.

Attkisson was asked for her thoughts on how the White House has reacted to the latest release of emails pertaining to the response to Benghazi, particularly Plouffe’s appearance on ABC News’ This Week in which he said the investigation into the attack was driven by a “delusional minority” of the GOP.

“The key words they use, such as ‘conspiracy’ and ‘delusional,’ are in my opinion clearly designed to try to controversialize a story — a legitimate news story and a legitimate area of journalistic inquiry,” Attkisson submitted.

“To some degree, that’s successful,” she added. “But I think primarily among those that don’t want to look at this as a story in the first place.”

“I see that as a well-orchestrated strategy to controversialize a story they really don’t want to hear about,” Attkisson continued.

Attkisson concluded by saying that she does not believe journalists will be intimidated away from covering the revelations surrounding the Benghazi attack, and added that she would be left covering nothing but the weather if she allowed herself to be “influenced by the left-wing blogs.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
"Attkisson concluded by saying that she does not believe journalists will be intimidated away from covering the revelations surrounding the Benghazi attack, and added that she would be left covering nothing but the weather if she allowed herself to be “influenced by the left-wing blogs.”[/b]

Not even free to do that anymore - "covering the weather" is now controversial and subject to the White House dictates - haven't you heard?  It's "settled Science" and the debate is over. Just like Benghazi, those who insist on still debating these issues are kooky conspiracists. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Right on Sharyl! RIGHT ON!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien