We called them 'Bears'. Largest aircraft known to man.
(Soon to be seen over D.C.)
Both bombers were made around the same time but there are many key differences between the two
The B-52 Stratofotress
1. Mass produced to around 775 aircraft built from 1954-1964. Far more than the T-95 Bear.
2. Jet powered rather than prop. Gives far more range and slightly high Celling altitude, a slightly faster.
3. Larger Bomb load.
4. Slightly Smaller than the Bear but not by much.
The Tu-95 Bear.
1. Largest and fastest Propeller Driver plane it the world.
2. Not produced in large numbers around ~500. First Flew 1957 2 years after the B-52 in 1955.
3. Only bomber flying to this day that has Rear Turret and belly turret.
4. Loud as hell. Can be heard 40 miles away well before you can ever see it.
5. Carried one of the largest cruise missiles made. Essentially a Mig-15 without the cockpit.
All in all the planes are almost equal but the B-52 is far more sophisticated than the Tu-95 Bear. But the we also must take into account that the Russians built the Bear to be a rough and tumble plane and it has survived 50 years just as the B-52 has. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-52_Stratofortresshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-95