Author Topic: Pelosi: Personal attacks mean 'nothing to me'  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Personal attacks mean 'nothing to me'
« on: May 04, 2014, 03:51:22 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/205146-pelosi-gop-suffering-from-poverty-of-ideas

May 04, 2014, 11:35 am
Pelosi: Personal attacks mean 'nothing to me'

By Kyle Balluck

House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in an interview broadcast Sunday that personal attacks against her “mean nothing,” adding that Republicans are suffering from a “poverty of ideas.”

Speaking on MSNBC’s “Up with Steve Kornacki,” Pelosi said she thinks she’s targeted by Republicans because she’s effective.

“We got the job done when we had the majority even under President Bush , but further under President Obama,“ she said.

“It means nothing to me,” she added, referring to the attacks. “I consider the source and I consider them to be stuck in a poverty of ideas. They have none, and that’s where they had to go.”

“I think people are tired of that, they want to know ‘what are your ideas about job creation?’ They have none,” she said. “What are your ideas about taking us forward on protecting the environment? … Investing in the future? Passing an immigration bill … They have no plans. They don’t govern. They have no initiatives for the future, so they make personal attacks. “

“I think most people want to know ‘what do you have to offer?’” she said.

Pelosi said personal attacks against her, as well as criticism of the administration’s handling of the terrorist attack on Benghazi, are “all diversionary and totally unimportant and I couldn’t care less personally about them.”

“We’re about what we have to offer to the American people. And nothing demonstrates the distinction more, and that’s what they want to try to divert attention from, than the two budgets that are coming forth,” she added.

“Every time they attack me, I raise more money,” she said. “I’m in the arena, I’m here to fight,” she added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Pelosi: Personal attacks mean 'nothing to me'
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:59:39 pm »
We may need to resort to sticks and stones with her.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

We may need to resort to sticks and stones with her.
:laugh:  How about tar and feathers?   :smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »
  :laugh:  How about tar and feathers?   :smokin:

Sorry, flowers. Not even that will improve her appearance.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink