Author Topic: Trump’s Job for Vivek: Czar in Charge of Swamp Drainage By Roger Kimball  (Read 512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Job for Vivek: Czar in Charge of Swamp Drainage › American Greatness
He needs to pick the very best for the very hard job of saving the Republic

It’s only been a few days since the first GOP debate, but already the kettle of journalist-vultures have gorged themselves on the carrion, their frenzied wake having picked the corpses bare. Alas, this feeding famishes the craving it seeks to satisfy, so we are left with sticky piles of bones, gobbets of contradictory opinion, and precious little enlightenment. We all know that when it comes to the so-called “rule of law” in this country, “the process is the punishment.” When it comes to spectacles like the Fox News-sponsored GOP debate, the process seems to be the point.

It is, I am sure you will agree, rather a pointless point, but the very pointlessness of the exercise was clearly the cherished goal.  Why else would all those producers and technicians and lovingly coiffed and pressed interlocutors Bret Baier and whatever the bleached-blonde Fox mannequin who sat next to him was called: why serve up all that fatuousness just to hear them hector the candidates with a smorgasbord of silly questions followed by the admonition: “You have 30 seconds” or “You have one minute” to answer?

I happen to have Harry Jaffa’s Crisis of the House Divided on my desk at the moment. It is an account of the Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858. Each of the seven debates lasted about three hours. One candidate would open with a 60 minute statement, to which  the other would answer with a 90-minute response. The first speaker ended with a 30-minute rejoinder. I am trying to picture what Abraham Lincoln’s response to the instruction “You have 30 seconds to reply” would be. I can’t really do it, but I suspect it would be unprintable.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2023/08/27/trumps-job-for-vivek-czar-in-charge-of-swamp-drainage/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We all know that when it comes to the so-called “rule of law” in this country, “the process is the punishment.” When it comes to spectacles like the Fox News-sponsored GOP debate, the process seems to be the point.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
At some point early on in the faux-debate—it was more like a square dance, really—the geniuses at Fox played a snippet of Oliver Anthony’s “Rich Men North of Richmond,” the plaintive song that took the internet by storm a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, Anthony was not pleased by this effort to co-opt his pointed working-class lament (though apparently he gave permission for Fox to use the clip). “I wrote that song about those people,” he said.

His larger objection was to the “weaponization” of the song in the interests of a political agenda— “conservative” or “liberal,” “Republican” or “Democrat,” it didn’t matter. It’s the same establishment, the same Leviathan, that is supporting the agenda of dependency enforced by the Washington Welfare Conglomerate whose rhetoric is all about helping the disadvantaged but whose real aim is to keep the disadvantaged disadvantaged while simultaneously increasing their number...

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No, I think Trump should think big when it comes to Ramaswamy. A new post should be created for him, a sort of super-sanitary enterprise charged with world’s biggest drainage project: siphoning off the huge and mephitic reservoirs that constitute the Washington swamp. It is a a gargantuan project, akin as I have said, to the Herculean task of cleansing the Augean stables.

:yowsa: Show us what you're REALLY made of Vivek!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
You mean Tumpy wants a Soros plant to drain the swamp?  Ramaswampy.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/2024-vivek-ramaswamy-donors/2023/08/22/id/1131678/

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This would be an absolutely terrible idea.

The "swamp" is the mass of administrative/regulatory agencies that are all a creation of, and governed by, a patchwork for federal law.  You cannot effectively dismantle that unless you have an excellent understanding of how that whole system works.  So that means either experience in Washington, or a legal background with experience in or knowledge of administrative law.  Ramaswamy has neither.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This would be an absolutely terrible idea.

The "swamp" is the mass of administrative/regulatory agencies that are all a creation of, and governed by, a patchwork for federal law.  You cannot effectively dismantle that unless you have an excellent understanding of how that whole system works.  So that means either experience in Washington, or a legal background with experience in or knowledge of administrative law.  Ramaswamy has neither.

I completely disagree! That would be an excellent thing for Vivek to undertake assuming of course that either Trump or he even really wants to do anything of the sort. Personally, I doubt it.

There is plenty of legal talent who would jump at the chance to work for him.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 04:59:48 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Trump wanting to drain the swamp?  That's funny.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

There is plenty of legal talent who would jump at the chance to work for him.

Then put that legal talent in charge so that person actually making the substantive decisions can be vetted openly and judged.  Appointing someone without the necessary baseline of knowledge and making them completely dependent on someone who is behind the scenes is kind of what got us into trouble with Trump himself. 

I can hear it already..."It's not Ramaswamy's fault that he failed.  He got bad advice".