Author Topic: FIRST LOOK at New Satanic Statue to Be Erected at Oklahoma Statehouse  (Read 664 times)

Offline happyg

Praise be to Satan. All photos by the Vice author

Here is the first look at the two meter high Satanic statue to be placed on front lawn of the Oklahoma Statehouse.
Vice.com reported, via Free Republic:

In January the Satanic Temple announced plans to erect a monument glorifying the Dark Lord on the front lawn of the Oklahoma Statehouse. An Indiegogo campaign was launched with what seemed like a somewhat lofty goal of $20,000, but by the time donations ended almost $30,000 had been raised. Now an artist trained in classical sculpture is toiling away in New York, crafting a Baphomet figure sitting beneath an inverted pentagram and flanked by two children gazing upward in loyalty. When it is finished, it will be cast in bronze and, the Satanists hope, eventually displayed in Oklahoma.

The statue is a direct response to the state’s installation of a Ten Commandments monument outside the Capitol in 2012. State Representative Mike Ritze paid for the controversial statue with his own money, and therefore it was considered a donation and OK to place on government property. Following that line of reasoning, the Satanic Temple submitted a formal application for their monument.

As Trait Thompson of the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission told CNN last December, “Individuals and groups are free to apply to place a monument or statue or artwork.” The applications are then approved or rejected by the Commission. Unfortunately, the state has placed a halt on issuing permits for any other monuments until a lawsuit filed by the ACLU against Ritze’s Commandments monument is settled.

As planned visitors will be able to sit on the lap of Satan “for inspiration and contemplation.”
God bless this country.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I really doubt it will ever be erected. This is just some leftist trying to make a point about religious freedom and the other symbols and collecting comments against him.

Offline musiclady

I really doubt it will ever be erected. This is just some leftist trying to make a point about religious freedom and the other symbols and collecting comments against him.

I thought they had already decided it wouldn't be erected.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I thought they had already decided it wouldn't be erected.

I wouldn't be surprised, they are probably just in the business of publishing news stories on it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Well - if you have freedom of religion - you have freedom of religion.

Actually surprised at how tasteful and well done the statue is.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
This is nothing but an attempt at baiting religious people into appearing hypocritical.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sadly, there is often not much baiting needed.

Offline Charlespg

the only reason these idiots can pull this crap is because killing them is against the law
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Sadly, there is often not much baiting needed.

Unfortunately, this is all to true. Many of us here have had online experiences that attest to this.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:45:17 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Unfortunately, this is all to true. Many of us here have had online experiences that attest to this.

Really never understood that. Used to talk it over with a nun and an Imam, and countless hours of it with a Rabbi  :laugh: (he's an old friend) and they didn't get it either. Sure, we are made in His image. Until we are capable of creating the universe and all that is in it with a word - we are really in no position to declare God's will. His will for us personally - perhaps. Not for anyone else.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:34:52 pm by EC »