Author Topic: Democratic, Republican voters worlds apart in divided Wisconsin  (Read 526 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Democratic, Republican voters worlds apart in divided Wisconsin
Entire communities vote red or blue as metro Milwaukee grows more politically segregated with nearly every election cycle
By Craig Gilbert of the Journal Sentinel staff

In the acrid and escalating clash between red and blue America, there is no battleground quite like metropolitan Milwaukee.

Throughout this series, click on  highlighted text for more information.

Spectacularly divided, remarkably mobilized, frequently fought over, its politically lopsided communities have been veering apart for more than 40 years.

Democrats and Republicans aren't just strangers to each other in their politics — they increasingly live in separate worlds. In its ultrapartisan geography, this is arguably the most polarized place in swing-state America.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/democratic-republican-voters-worlds-apart-in-divided-wisconsin-b99249564z1-255883361.html
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Democratic, Republican voters worlds apart in divided Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:09:28 pm »
1st of 4 parts.  Very interesting interactive map at link. Fascinating stuff for the politically engaged.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:24:56 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:44:15 pm »
The rats in WI are absolutely sickened at their prospects in 2014.  They had hoped they could finally knock out Walker and now a new kook has come out on the left to make the rat primary a contest.  http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/writers/jack_craver/brett-hulsey-kkk-stunt-goes-viral/article_eed2b84e-d22f-11e3-ae22-001a4bcf887a.html

The only thing that gives rats a glimmer of hope is a recent ruling striking down our voter-ID law.  Turns out it discriminates against the dead and voters who want to vote more than once.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:49:43 am »
I read through the entire article -- interesting, though I'm sure the writer is coming from the left side of things.

But -- the article is pretty much repeating, in many words, what I already posted right here on GOPBR back in September last year:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,114596.msg461572.html#msg461572

Not telling me anything I don't already know!