Author Topic: Uh Oh: Wendy Davis’ Spokesman Just Quit  (Read 600 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Uh Oh: Wendy Davis’ Spokesman Just Quit
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
The nickname Abortion Barbie may now refer to the state of her campaign.

Can you blame him? After a quick and unexpected rise to prominence (filibustering a late-term abortion bill, naturally) Texas Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis’ polling numbers have been consistently underwater. But now, however, she trails her Republican opponent by double digits overall and by eight points among women -- that is, according to a recent left-leaning poll -- which is never a good sign.

Is her spokesman, I wonder, making moves while there's still time? Via mysanantonio.com:

Bo Delp, spokesman and former communications director for Sen. Wendy Davis' campaign for governor, has resigned.

Delp said it was “an honor” to work for the Democratic senator, who faces Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott. He said that he is confident in her candidacy and that he will support her “wherever and whenever possible.”

“I am proud of the work I have done, and know that my successor will continue to build on my successes, and my mistakes, to do what is necessary to win in November,” Delp said in a letter of resignation dated Tuesday.

Davis reorganized her communications department earlier this year after running into some tough sledding with the media.....

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2014/05/01/uh-oh-wendy-davis-spokesman-tenders-his-resignation-n1832300

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Uh Oh: Wendy Davis’ Spokesman Just Quit
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:37:10 pm »
The idea of "Rats" and "Sinking ships" leaps immediately to mind.

If he were fired or asked to go, that's one thing. Shit happens. Leaving of his own accord? She's doomed and he doesn't want that on his resume.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink