Author Topic: Fox News Denies Shepard Smith Move Was a Result of Him Wanting to Come Out As Gay  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
After tweaking anchor Shepard Smith’s newsroom duties last year, Fox News has denied allegations that the changes were a result of Smith asking to come out as gay.

A story published by Gawker Wednesday alleges that Smith was taken off of the primetime-aired “Fox Report” after attending Fox News topper Roger Ailes’ annual Fourth of July picnic with his reported boyfriend. Gawker’s story reports that around the same time, Smith was renegotiating his contract with the network and that he had asked Ailes for the go-ahead to publicly acknowledge his sexuality.

In a joint statement, Ailes and Smith called the story “100% false and a complete fabrication.”

“As colleagues and close friends at Fox News for 18 years, our relationship has always been rooted in a mutual respect, deep admiration, loyalty, trust, and full support both professionally and personally,” it read.

The Gawker story alleged that Smith’s superior Bill Shine, the channel’s Executive Vice President of Programming, “flipped out” when the anchor began introducing his boyfriend to co-workers at the party, but a spokesperson for Fox News said that Shine wasn’t even at the Fourth of July party and that “no such meeting ever took place in regard to Shep, nor would it ever.”

Smith’s boss and immediate supervisor, in fact, is Jay Wallace, senior vice president of news. Shine runs opinion and programming at the network.

The spokesperson also pointed out that Smith’s new contract was signed prior to the event described in the article and reported by Business Insider July 2, making the alleged negotiations “impossible.”

Smith was named managing editor of the cabler’s news division last year and his “Studio B” program at 3 p.m. was renamed “Shepard Smith Reporting.”

He has been at the cable news network since 1996.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-denies-shepard-smith-demotion-result-him-224354905.html
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I don't care if Shep is gay or not, I can't stand him! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He was gone for several months last year and came back looking terrible...he is looking better now but I never did hear what was wrong with him...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

I don't care for him, either. He was married back in the 80s and 90s. Right now, he is engaged to Patti Freese, whoever that is.

Offline katzenjammer

Shemp Smith??  Too good.....   :whistle:

lol

Offline musiclady

Ditto.

He's a TERRIBLE reporter.  His 'work' (i.e. histrionics) during Katrina was pathetic.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline evadR

He was gone for several months last year and came back looking terrible...he is looking better now but I never did hear what was wrong with him...
He looked so bad I was sure he had AIDS.
I'm still not sure he doesn't.
Can't stand him.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

Ditto.

He's a TERRIBLE reporter.  His 'work' (i.e. histrionics) during Katrina was pathetic.
"Can't someone help these poor people."
If he said it once he said it a hundred times.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
He should buy the Clippers, come out of the closet, throw his support behind Nader and call Obama an uppity, know-it-all mulatto.

The MSM won't know what to do.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Ditto that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

I also could care less what his sexual preference is. Gay or not I never liked his show. He's has always been nothing but a clone of the  news anchors you see on any of the alphabet channels often favoring the liberal side of any story.  I would love to see them bring back Laurie Dhue, but the Blaze has her now.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

Amen to that. He's embarrassingly bad. Joel McHale on "The Soup" mocks him mercilessly - and Shep deserves every bit of it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

I cannot stand him. He is one of the reasons I quit watching fox. The other reasons....Geraldo, ORielly and Huck.

Offline evadR

I cannot stand him. He is one of the reasons I quit watching fox. The other reasons....Geraldo, ORielly and Huck.
Bret and Megan...das it.
The rest is not worth watching.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's a bombastic little sod and I avoid him if at all possible. Having said that - don't give crap one if he's gay or not.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink