Author Topic: US ECONOMY SLOWED TO 0.1 PERCENT GROWTH RATE IN Q1  (Read 512 times)

Offline Carling

US ECONOMY SLOWED TO 0.1 PERCENT GROWTH RATE IN Q1
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:27:41 AM »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline DCPatriot

Re: US ECONOMY SLOWED TO 0.1 PERCENT GROWTH RATE IN Q1
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 11:29:07 AM »
Hmmmmmm......knew it wasn't my imagination!       :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure it was all due to the harsh winter and that the roll-out of Obamacare had nothing to do with it whatsoever. 

That damn climate-change thingy.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
To be frank, I've never seen the "weather" blamed for so much in the economy, nothing to this degree, ever.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 11:55:25 AM »
The sad truth about it.....when all the pent-up pressure of business investment explodes...it will be muted by double digit interest rates on borrowing.  CASH will be king.

Any bennies the GOP wishes to get in the way of credit for a 'recovery' will be muted by the high cost of borrowing and inflation.

And to insult to injury, the DEMS and MSM will point to the GOP and say, "SEE?   You will be better off under the triangulation of a Hillary Clinton administration".

We can't win for losing...... :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »
To be frank, I've never seen the "weather" blamed for so much in the economy, nothing to this degree, ever.

I guess they finally figured it's been too many years to blame Bush and have any credibility.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
I guess they finally figured it's been too many years to blame Bush and have any credibility.

LOL!!  There you have it!!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

I'm surprised they're not blaming Putin yet. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »
Let's not forget, too, that all federally supplied numbers are revised 4-6 weeks later.

It's probable that it's actually NEGATIVE growth.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »
Let's not forget, too, that all federally supplied numbers are revised 4-6 weeks later.

That's the sad truth of it.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »

Since when has credibility figured into anything the Obama administration says or does?

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »

Jobs are a problem. People who have jobs, or those comfortable on their entitlements don't see a problem. The market is growing, the 401k numbers are good, inflation is managed. I golf with people in the building trades, business owners etc. Sure, there is uncertainty to hiring and healthcare costs, but business is good, very good. I have some small jobs that need to be done around the house. My contractor is too busy for me. He told me he's taking on bigger jobs than ever.

I know what's going on, to some small extent, behind the scenes. Quantitative easing, loose money policy. But, I'm telling you what the average person is seeing. IF the GOP doesn't manage to shoot itself in the foot, and takes Congress in November, there is danger ahead. The MSM and DNC are prepared to slaughter the newly Republican controlled Congress.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf