Author Topic: Obama's 25 charges of treason: Where's Darrel Issa?  (Read 327 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Obama's 25 charges of treason: Where's Darrel Issa?
« on: April 30, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:09:42 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama's 25 charges of treason: Where's Darrel Issa?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 10:02:39 AM »
Obama will never be impeached. Never, no matter what he does.

Richard Nixon resigned rather than face a Senate trial only because his conscience caught up with him.

Bill Clinton had no such conscience, and was able to survive because the matter in question (lying to Congress under oath about a sexual affair) was not viewed by a majority of the public as sufficient cause to remove him.

Andrew Johnson was impeached more for partisan political reasons during the Reconstruction Era than for his transgression, that of replacing his Secretary of War, in violation of a Congressional act of dubious constitutionality.

Obama is immune, owing to his race and his left-Progressive ideology. The former makes him a presumptive victim, and the latter insures his protection by the news media and the dominant culture, both of which share his beliefs. Any attempt at impeaching Obama will produce continuous, loud (and false) accusations of racism and bigotry.

A new Congress, and new leaders committed to changing the political and social culture may - may - be able to turn things around. But it will take a long time. Years, and perhaps decades will be required. We didn't get here overnight and it will take a long time to repair the damage. If we ever can. 
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Obama will never be impeached. Never, no matter what he does.

Richard Nixon resigned rather than face a Senate trial only because his conscience caught up with him.

Bill Clinton had no such conscience, and was able to survive because the matter in question (lying to Congress under oath about a sexual affair) was not viewed by a majority of the public as sufficient cause to remove him.

Andrew Johnson was impeached more for partisan political reasons during the Reconstruction Era than for his transgression, that of replacing his Secretary of War, in violation of a Congressional act of dubious constitutionality.

Obama is immune, owing to his race and his left-Progressive ideology. The former makes him a presumptive victim, and the latter insures his protection by the news media and the dominant culture, both of which share his beliefs. Any attempt at impeaching Obama will produce continuous, loud (and false) accusations of racism and bigotry.

A new Congress, and new leaders committed to changing the political and social culture may - may - be able to turn things around. But it will take a long time. Years, and perhaps decades will be required. We didn't get here overnight and it will take a long time to repair the damage. If we ever can.

I agree with most of what you say Andy.  Obama will never face a serious impeachment effort, because while a majority of Americans disapprove of his leadership, they still want to see him try to solve some of the big issues facing the Country, and impeachment initiatives now would only hurt Republicans more than Obama. 

I don't believe Nixon had any conscience (and I voted for him).  He was the complete political animal, and chose every path based on the political landscape, IMHO.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »
I agree with most of what you say Andy.  Obama will never face a serious impeachment effort, because while a majority of Americans disapprove of his leadership, they still want to see him try to solve some of the big issues facing the Country, and impeachment initiatives now would only hurt Republicans more than Obama. 

I don't believe Nixon had any conscience (and I voted for him).  He was the complete political animal, and chose every path based on the political landscape, IMHO.

I believe that Richard Nixon was an intense, complicated man who in spite of his many personal flaws remained deeply religious throughout his life. His Quaker upbringing, as combined with a considerable intelligence and a secretive and introspective nature led him to both triumph and disaster. I do believe he felt guilty for what he did, in the end. And his writing, unlike that of, say, Barack Obama, is outward-looking as opposed to inward-focused, as befits a man who saw someone other than himself as the center of the world. 
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »
Andy wrote:
[[ And his writing, unlike that of, say, Barack Obama, is outward-looking as opposed to inward-focused, as befits a man who saw someone other than himself as the center of the world. ]]

That presumes that Obama actually "wrote" his books.

He didn't. Certainly not the first one. Probably not much of the second one, either.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
Andy wrote:
[[ And his writing, unlike that of, say, Barack Obama, is outward-looking as opposed to inward-focused, as befits a man who saw someone other than himself as the center of the world. ]]

He didn't. Certainly not the first one. Probably not much of the second one, either.

I personally don't think Obama could write a single coherent sentence on his own!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
Andy wrote:

Fair enough, as concerns Obama's "autobiographies", likely ghost-written by his terrorist mentor, Bill Ayers. I refer however, to the broader spectrum of written expression as published in the names of both men, the fundamental difference between which is that of historical comprehension as opposed to self-serving historicism. 

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
I personally don't think Obama could write a single coherent sentence on his own!

He could if he copied it from a teleprompter.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf