Author Topic: Sources: Sebelius now refusing to testify before Senate panel  (Read 771 times)

rangerrebew

Sources: Sebelius Now Refusing To Testify Before Senate Panel

Posted By Caroline May On 11:19 PM 04/29/2014 In | No Comments

Outgoing Health and Human Services Sec. Kathleen Sebelius is now refusing to testify before the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies, a Senate aide told The Daily Caller Tuesday.

Sebelius had originally been set to testify before the subcommittee about the department’s 2015 $70 billion budget request on April 2.

According to another aide, however, several weeks after confirming the hearing date, she requested a date switch with the National Institutes of Health budget hearing on May 7. The committee accommodated her request.

Now, after announcing her resignation on April 11, she is refusing to testify according to the two aides, even though she is still the sitting secretary — remaining at the post until her successor, OMB Director Sylvia Mathews Burwell is confirmed.

“It appears that Sec. Sebelius has unilaterally decided that she is no longer accountable to Congress,” the first aide said.

The other aide explained that HHS has not given the committee any reason for her refusal and that Sebelius has not suggested anyone to testify in her place.

That same aide noted subcommittee Chairman Tom Harkin planned to call Sebelius Tuesday about the hearing.

The last time Sebelius appeared in front of a committee was April 10, before news of her resignation broke. She testified before the Senate Finance Committee about the HHS budget.

When asked about Sebelius’ refusal to testify, an HHS spokeswoman responded that the department is in communication with the committee.

“Nothing is confirmed at this time, but we intend to find a mutually agreeable arrangement,” she said in a statement to TheDC.

Follow Caroline on Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/29/sources-sebelius-now-refusing-to-testify-before-senate-panel/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Sources: Sebelius now refusing to testify before Senate panel
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:14:48 pm »
She should be dragged to the meeting in handcuffs.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »
“It appears that Sec. Sebelius has unilaterally decided that she is no longer accountable to Congress,” the first aide said.

Here's a clue. No member of the Obama administration is accountable to Congress. The Obama administration regards Congress in much the same way that Putin regards Obama.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »
She should be dragged to the meeting in handcuffs.

Obviously, congress has threatened her somehow.  A member of the most "transparent administration ever" would normally be excited at the chance to tell the truth before congress.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »
Here's a clue. No member of the Obama administration is accountable to Congress. The Obama administration regards Congress in much the same way that Putin regards Obama.

Actually, given the approval ratings, Obama's opinion of Congress pretty much matches the rest of the nation's.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:28:34 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 01:28:51 pm »
"WDDIM"
Hillary
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 01:31:30 pm »
I'm convinced the reason Obama has so many women running agencies for him is exactly for this scenario.

Any Congressional pressure will be deemed sexist and become a distraction from the actual wrongdoing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 01:33:17 pm »
Actually, given the approval ratings, Obama's opinion of Congress pretty much matches the rest of the nation's.

It also matches the Nation's ratings of him.  No one is so incompetent they can get everyone hating everyone accidentally.  This is clearly, in my opinion, a planned strategy to get the people to turn against congress and allow him to use his "executive orders" to rule the country.  He had not, however, planned on low rating from the public which may be derailing his planned execution of America.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 01:39:41 pm »
I'm convinced the reason Obama has so many women running agencies for him is exactly for this scenario.

Any Congressional pressure will be deemed sexist and become a distraction from the actual wrongdoing.

That's absolutely correct and it's a wonder more people have not commented on it.

Blacks and women, as presumptive liberal "victims" have more freedom than any white man (as a presumptive oppressor) would have to openly flaunt the law. 

As always, the news media can be counted upon to supply the desired narrative.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 01:45:38 pm »
That's absolutely correct and it's a wonder more people have not commented on it.

Blacks and women, as presumptive liberal "victims" have more freedom than any white man (as a presumptive oppressor) would have to openly flaunt the law. 

As always, the news media can be counted upon to supply the desired narrative.

I can't even begin to express how sick I am of this garbage. White men are the new under class. Discriminating, slandering, and just generally treating white men poorly is not only accepted, it's encouraged. This is a lesson in indoctrination, because white men under the age of 40 seem to either accept, or dismiss this new status. If this kind of thing had been going on when I was in my 20s, I'd be ready to burn something down.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:43 pm »

Astute observation DCP.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 02:33:37 pm »

And here I was blaming that on some weird Mandingo syndrome thing running rampant among liberal women.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 02:42:42 pm »
I can't even begin to express how sick I am of this garbage. White men are the new under class. Discriminating, slandering, and just generally treating white men poorly is not only accepted, it's encouraged. This is a lesson in indoctrination, because white men under the age of 40 seem to either accept, or dismiss this new status. If this kind of thing had been going on when I was in my 20s, I'd be ready to burn something down.

Ah yes, but Relic - when you were in your 20s, you hadn't been medicated for being a normal boy er, Attention Deficit Syndrome.  They've pretty much taken care of any normal man response now - not going to happen.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 03:01:47 pm »
"WDDIM"
Hillary

Exactly.

Congress will not do a damned thing in any case.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 03:42:21 pm »

When I was in my 20's, I didn't need much of an excuse to be ready to burn one.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »
That was the benefit of Frau Pelosi and why it should have been Blackburn or some other not whack Republican, like Bachman.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.