Author Topic: Juan Williams' wife robbed, wishes she had gun  (Read 439 times)

rangerrebew

Juan Williams' wife robbed, wishes she had gun
« on: April 29, 2014, 12:23:55 pm »
Juan Williams Wife Robbed, Wishes She Had Gun

by AWR Hawkins  28 Apr 2014 140  post a comment 

During an April 28 interview on The Lars Larson show, Fox News' Juan Williams told a story about his wife's car being stolen and her saying, "I wish I had a gun."

Williams said that his wife "went to the gas station" this past weekend to fuel her car. He said that "while she's trying to put the credit card in some guy rushes by her, gets in the car and drives off with the damn car."

Williams said his wife's response was, "I wish I had a gun."

Larson responded by saying, "God bless Mrs. Juan Williams," and said Juan should buy her a gun "at the next opportunity."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/04/28/EXCLUSIVE-Juan-Williams-Wife-Wishes-She-Had-A-Gun
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:24:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
Re: Juan Williams' wife robbed, wishes she had gun
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »
Glad Mrs. Williams is ok.  I wonder if--before this incident--she was a liberal like her husband or a conservative like her son.  If she was liberal she sure had a quick conversion.  It's funny how real life does that.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:44:42 pm »
Glad Mrs. Williams is ok.  I wonder if--before this incident--she was a liberal like her husband or a conservative like her son.  If she was liberal she sure had a quick conversion.  It's funny how real life does that.

I'm glad she's ok too. I hope she has learned some things from this - when I go to the gas station, I get my credit card and I take my keys with me AND LOCK MY CAR while I am pumping gas.  My purse is in there for goodness sake!  She had to have left her keys in the ignition and car unlocked - stupid! 

I'm a gun owner and I have a concealed carry permit - but sorry Mrs. Williams, I don't think a gun would have helped you in that situation.  We were taught (according to Kentucky's laws) in concealed carry class that although you are allowed to use your gun to protect yourself if someone comes in your house - you are even allowed to use your gun if someone is breaking into your barn - but you are NOT allowed to use your gun if someone is stealing your car (unless you are in it). 

So although I heartily agree that Juan should buy his wife a gun RIGHT NOW, and she should take classes to know how and when to use it properly - a gun would not have helped her in this situation.  Just plain common sense would have, though. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »
I'm glad she's ok too. I hope she has learned some things from this - when I go to the gas station, I get my credit card and I take my keys with me AND LOCK MY CAR while I am pumping gas.  My purse is in there for goodness sake!  She had to have left her keys in the ignition and car unlocked - stupid! 

I'm a gun owner and I have a concealed carry permit - but sorry Mrs. Williams, I don't think a gun would have helped you in that situation.  We were taught (according to Kentucky's laws) in concealed carry class that although you are allowed to use your gun to protect yourself if someone comes in your house - you are even allowed to use your gun if someone is breaking into your barn - but you are NOT allowed to use your gun if someone is stealing your car (unless you are in it). 

So although I heartily agree that Juan should buy his wife a gun RIGHT NOW, and she should take classes to know how and when to use it properly - a gun would not have helped her in this situation.  Just plain common sense would have, though.

I'd like to see a Kentucky jury convict someone for defending his car with a handgun.  Not that I disagree with the law.  Just sayin'.

Also, if the assailant pushed her or knocked her over it might qualify as an assault.

I never thought of this before, but there is a real disadvantage to having a car with the refuel port on the passenger side.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 02:42:34 pm »
I'd like to see a Kentucky jury convict someone for defending his car with a handgun.  Not that I disagree with the law.  Just sayin'.

Also, if the assailant pushed her or knocked her over it might qualify as an assault.

I never thought of this before, but there is a real disadvantage to having a car with the refuel port on the passenger side.

My previous cars had the gas cap on the driver's side, but my current car, Focus does not. When I pump gas, I lock my doors for assurance.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 03:18:52 pm »

Well, the article says he "rushed by her" - sort of implies that he didn't assault her.  It would be totally different if he had any contact or communication with her which would make her feel she was in danger herself.  Under that circumstance, she would be within the parameters of the law to defend herself.  The law is very clear about that in KY - if you feel you are in danger or you see someone else in danger - you have the right to use a gun to "stop the fight". 

If the guy just rushed past her, jumped in her unlocked car and started the ignition with her keys that were already there - a Kentucky jury would have to discern if she would have felt sufficiently threatened to use force with a gun.  Knowing Kentucky juries - my bet would be that she'd have a 50/50 chance of having them agree with her! 

:patriot:

By the way, although I live in a relatively safe place - I habitually lock my car any time I leave it, even briefly. The minute I get in my car in the driveway, the first thing I do is lock the car doors.  The same with my house - if I take a walk up the street - I lock my house.  If I am at home, my house is locked at all times.  That's just the kind of shitty world we live in now. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!