Author Topic: Most Obama recovery jobs are at McDonalds  (Read 385 times)

rangerrebew

Most Obama recovery jobs are at McDonalds
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:42:46 pm »
Most Obama Recovery Jobs are at McDonald’s

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On April 28, 2014 @ 12:21 pm In The Point | No Comments

The Obama Recovery (TM) begins and ends at McDonald’s.

And a lot of those will go away if the minimum wage hike and obesity food laws go through killing what little there is in the way of a recovery.

The deep recession wiped out primarily high-wage and middle-wage jobs. Yet the strongest employment growth during the sluggish recovery has been in low-wage work, at places like strip malls and fast-food restaurants.

In essence, the poor economy has replaced good jobs with bad ones.

“Fast food is driving the bulk of the job growth at the low end — the job gains there are absolutely phenomenal,” said Michael Evangelist, the report’s author. “If this is the reality — if these jobs are here to stay and are going to be making up a considerable part of the economy — the question is, how do we make them better?”

With joblessness high and job gains concentrated in low-wage industries, hundreds of thousands of Americans have accepted positions that pay less than they used to make, in some cases, sliding out of the middle class and into the ranks of the working poor.

That includes Connie Ogletree, a former administrative and executive assistant who now earns $7.25 an hour at a McDonald’s in Atlanta. “It was 40 years ago that I had my first fast-food job, at a Dairy Queen,” said Ms. Ogletree, 55. “This is my second.”

The New York Times predictably uses the article to push minimum wage laws that would wipe out many of those jobs. But that’s welfare state logic.

It’s better to wipe out jobs and put people on welfare than to create jobs.

Meanwhile the only kind of jobs that Obama is creating are Third World jobs. For a Third World nation. Instead of discussing how to make McDonald’s jobs better, we should be looking at ways of bringing manufacturing jobs back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/most-obama-recovery-jobs-are-at-mcdonalds/