Author Topic: UK: Muslim terrifies churchgoers, enters church and shouts: “This is rubbish, you should be preaching Allah, turn to Islam”  (Read 746 times)

Offline happyg

Robert Spencer

Imagine if a Christian went into a mosque in Britain wearing a banOceander that said “Jesus is Lord” and began shouting: “This is rubbish, you should be preaching the Gospel, turn to Christ.” Do you think the story would be found only in one bland article in the Derby Telegraph? Neither do I. Meanwhile, given the direction in which Britain is heading these days, has Mohamed Dar been named yet to the House of Lords?

“Fears man ‘dressed like terrorist’ was bomber at Derbyshire Remembrance Day service,” by Martin Naylor, Derby Telegraph, April 27, 2014 (thanks to The Religion of Peace):

CHURCHGOERS were left terrified after believing a 52-year-old man who walked into their church “dressed like a terrorist” on Remembrance Sunday “might be armed with a bomb”.

Mohamed Dar covered his face with a scarf and his head with a banOceander that had the words “God is Great” in Arabic written on it when he entered the New Life Church, in Alfreton.

Within minutes he was shouting how the congregation should “turn to Allah” and that Islam “sent boys aged 10 to war”.

North East and Dales Magistrates’ Court heard how minutes before he walked into the church he had disrupted a Remembrance Day parade at the cenotaph in Alfreton.

Giving evidence yesterday, he said he had gone to the event dressed in that way “to show his respect to all the Muslims who had been slaughtered like pigs in Iraq and Afghanistan”.

The trial was told that Dar stood directly in front of the cenotaph, in Hall Street, and while the commemoration parade went past he “slow-clapped” .

He then went in the nearby New Life Church which was conducting a Remembrance Day service.

In a statement read out by Michael Treharne, prosecuting, churchgoer Cheryl Taylor-Warriner said: “There were about 20 in the congregation and a man came in during the service. Within minutes he shouted ‘this is rubbish, you should be preaching Allah, turn to Islam, we send boys of 10 to war’.

“He was dressed like a terrorist, I though he may have a gun or a bomb or some sort of weapon, I was so frightened.”

The statement of another churchgoer, Angela Gordon, was also read out by Mr Treharne.

She said: “I could not believe what he was saying in the church, especially because it was Remembrance Sunday. He was dressed like a terrorist or a suicide bomber.

“The incident really upset me. I felt physically sick.”

Magistrates yesterday found Dar guilty of two counts using threatening and abusive words or behaviour.

Giving evidence, Dar said he had lived in Alfreton for 11 years and that he did not know there was a Remembrance Day parade happening until that morning when he drove to Hall Street.

He said: “I accept that the views I expressed could be uncomfortable to other people but I cannot get to grips with the wars (in Iraq and Afghanistan) and it manifests itself with those words that I said.

“I went to the memorial dressed as I did to pay my respects to the British soldiers who died in World War Two, not the other wars which I don’t believe in.

“I also wanted to pay my respects to all the Muslims that have been slaughtered like pigs in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

In a statement read out in court, Sergeant Jonathan Barnhill, of Derbyshire police, said he had been asked by Dar to visit his house on October 18, two weeks before the incident.

He said: “When I was there Mr Dar said he viewed suicide bombers as the highest form of people.

“He also informed me that he did a lot of research into terrorism.

“I found Mr Dar very disturbing.”

Dar apologised in court for his behaviour in the New Life Church, saying he had only gone there as it was “a soothing place, a house of God,” and that he had not deliberately gone there to cause trouble.

He will be sentenced at a future date pending a report.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/04/uk-muslim-terrifies-churchgoers-enters-church-and-shouts-this-is-rubbish-you-should-be-preaching-allah-turn-to-islam#

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He'll skate, as far as sentencing goes.

If he lives in Alfreton, he's going to have personal problems though. I did my teacher training there - tough town. Mining community. Not especially tolerant of outsiders.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

Incidents like this are why I have no problem carrying a concealed weapon to church (haven't done it lately, but certainly will consider it). Back in the 70s, some drug-addled hippie burst into our church in St. Louis and started railing about something or other, threatening to take the minister hostage. How do you know a fanatic won't get violent?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I think we should ask Sarah Palin to baptize him....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Incidents like this are why I have no problem carrying a concealed weapon to church (haven't done it lately, but certainly will consider it). Back in the 70s, some drug-addled hippie burst into our church in St. Louis and started railing about something or other, threatening to take the minister hostage. How do you know a fanatic won't get violent?

Do so. Please?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
There may be a certain number of circumstances where bringing someone to Jesus via a serious ass kicking is permissible.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There may be a certain number of circumstances where bringing someone to Jesus via a serious ass kicking is permissible.

Don't forget - Jesus was not exactly averse to kicking asses at times.  :laugh:

Oceander

Can anyone imagine the liberal/prog wailing, shrieking, and gnashing of teeth if a Christian had done the same at a mosque?  they'd be demanding that Christianity be banned and all Christians required to register and where a red cross or recant and deny Jesus.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ UK: Muslim terrifies churchgoers, enters church and shouts: “This is rubbish, you should be preaching Allah, turn to Islam” ]]

This is politcally-correct and must be tolerated!

[[ Imagine if a Christian went into a mosque in Britain wearing a banOceander that said “Jesus is Lord” and began shouting: “This is rubbish, you should be preaching the Gospel, turn to Christ.” ]]

This is a hate crime and the perpetrator must be punished beyond the fullest extent of the law!