Author Topic: Sarah Palin soldiers on as a diminished figure in the Republican Party  (Read 825 times)

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
WASHPOST.

No further comment necessary.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Yes, I believe her brand is diminishing but she will always have her following.  I'm just not one of them. 
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline sinkspur

WASHPOST.

No further comment necessary.

Robert Costa joined the Washington Post from National Review, and is widely respected as a responsible and fair journalist.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
The people who get really, really rich are the ones who focus on specific segments of the party but forego power because they are too provocative to get elected.  Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin top that list.

Palin made the decision to leverage her fame into money, and I personally do not take issue with that.  It's as American as apple pie.  Part of her entertainment value is watching the liberal and moderate heads explode at every mention of her name.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
Part of her entertainment value is watching the liberal and moderate heads explode at every mention of her name.
And a few around here.  Hmmmm ....
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Palin made the decision to leverage her fame into money, and I personally do not take issue with that. 

Kudos to her for that.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline sinkspur

And a few around here.  Hmmmm ....

Very few.  She's a female Pat Buchanan.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
Very few.  She's a female Pat Buchanan.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
The people who get really, really rich are the ones who focus on specific segments of the party but forego power because they are too provocative to get elected.  Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin top that list.

Palin made the decision to leverage her fame into money, and I personally do not take issue with that.  It's as American as apple pie.  Part of her entertainment value is watching the liberal and moderate heads explode at every mention of her name.
I agree with you. The end result is Limbo and Palin get rich, the true conservatives are entertained, and Republicans win no more elections than if the two of them didn't exist.

IOW they are no help with politics, whatsoever. In fact they may be a hindrance, leaving Republicans hungry and demanding more and more soundbite style politics.

Since Limbo went national, the GOP has won the popular Presidential vote exactly one time--2004.

If the choice is watching liberal heads explode, or winning elections--true conservatives opt for the former.

If you don't think it is entertainment, why does Levin scream, and Beck cry? None of them advance the cause, but rather play to the choir.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.ďż˝  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Sarah Palin soldiers on as a diminished figure in the Republican Party
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 10:17:16 PM »
Robert Costa joined the Washington Post from National Review, and is widely respected as a responsible and fair journalist.

lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf