Author Topic: Palin to Jeb Bush: They're 'Called Illegal Immigrants for a Reason'  (Read 853 times)

Offline happyg

On Sunday, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin reminded former Florida Governor Jeb Bush that no matter how much of an "act of love" he thinks illegal immigration is, it is still illegal.

"I think that anybody who breaks a law in America as their first action putting their first foot on our homeland illegally, it may be an act of love from the heart, but it's illegal," Palin told NBC News after attending a rally for Iowa Senate candidate Joni Ernst. They are "called illegal immigrants for a reason," she added.

Bush, a potential 2016 presidential contender, has come under fire after his remarks, which he defended. Establishment Republican consultant Karl Rove, who was former President George W. Bush's chief strategist, said the remarks were not artful. Regardless, Bush has continued to push amnesty for all of the country's illegal immigrants, most recently at a "Davos in the Desert" education summit in Arizona.

By Tony Lee
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/27/Palin-to-Jeb-on-Act-of-Love-Remarks-They-re-Called-Illegal-Immigrants-for-a-Reason

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Palin to Jeb Bush: They're 'Called Illegal Immigrants for a Reason'
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:30:05 am »
What was that other thread about Mrs. Palin -- the one calling her a "diminished figure" ??

A quote I've used before, and I'll use it again:
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
- George Orwell

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:37:08 am »
Palin has significantly diminished herself since 2008.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 02:54:55 am »

Indeed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 03:00:16 am »

As usual, I STRONGLY disagree!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 03:02:38 am »
As usual, I STRONGLY disagree!

Ditto! I don't even bother to defend her most of the time. She's above all the slander and/or derogatory remarks. She not only makes millions off the haters, but is going strong as ever, though most won't admit it. If she's speaking somewhere, you can guarantee a full house.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 04:34:03 am »
. She not only makes millions off the haters,

She isn't making millions off of those who hate her.  She is making millions off of those who watch her TV shows, attend her fundraisers, donate to her PAC, and who will travel for her when she makes inflammatory remarks.  She's a 15% draw nationally, at best.  If people took her seriously, she wouldn't be hosting a reality show on some new network.  Instead, she'd be building up momentum for her presidential bid in 2016.

I'm guessing the size of the "crowd" at this event embarrassed her, and she knew she needed to make outlandish remarks in order to attract some more suckers. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:07:47 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 05:33:50 am »
It's called a speed LIMIT for a reason and I'm sick of all these law breakers on the roads!  And don't get me started on the jerks with 15 items in the "10 item or less" line at the grocery stores.  No wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 06:11:45 am »
A crowd of about 300 showed up to see Palin campaign with Ernst. Also in attendance were Iowa Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds and Nebraska Republican Sen. Deb Fischer.

This entire "tour" is to generate money for her Super PAC as well as get people to watch her new TV show.  Apparently people are starting to see through the act, and either are tuning her out, or turning her off.   :whistle:

It's one of the smaller crowds that's ever greeted Palin in Iowa - the ballroom in the Hy-Vee Conference Center in west Des Moines, where the event was held, was far from full.

Palin praised the ad that Ernst released highlighting her background working on an Iowa farm.

"She, who grew up castrating hogs, she will know just how to make the big spending piggies there [in DC] squeal," Palin said.

In a brief interview with NBC News, Palin doubled down on a remark she made earlier this week at the NRA convention.

"Would I make it again? Why wouldn't I, yeah, absolutely. Terrorists who want to annihilate Americans, innocent Americans, our children - whatever it takes to stop them. If I were in charge, I'd be stoppin' em," she said.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------