Author Topic: Sarah Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we’d baptize terrorists’ in her administration  (Read 13142 times)

Offline Carling

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/26/palin-waterboarding-how-wed-baptize-terrorists-her/

NDIANAPOLIS — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin fired up a crowd of thousands inside Lucas Oil Stadium Saturday night to kick off the National Rifle Association’s “Stand and Fight Rally,” saying Americans’ constitutional rights as envisioned by the founding fathers are under attack and policies like gun-free zones constitute “stupid on steroids.

“They knew that if the Second Amendment goes, the rest of the constitution is not far behind,” she said of the country’s founders.

In her approximately 12-minute address, Mrs. Palin also derided what she argued is akin to a ‘blame the messenger’ attitude on gun violence many Americans take today.

“Gun stores are an accomplice to crime,” she said, “and that fork made me fat.”

Mrs. Palin, plucked from relative political obscurity to be the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, still enjoys significant support among elements of the party’s base, and was at times received like a rock star inside the complex adjacent to the Indiana Convention Center, where much of the gun rights group’s annual meeting has taken place.

After 2008, she returned to Alaska and soon after quit her job, citing “frivolous” ethics probes and the associated legal costs. Her latest venture is a new show, “Amazing America,” on the Sportsman Channel.

A handful of potential 2016 GOP presidential contenders spoke or appeared in videotaped messages that aired Friday at the conference.
In addition to haranguing former New York City Mayor Michael I. Bloomberg’s gun control push and lampooning Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.’s recent testimony on Capitol Hill, she also tsk-tsked Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s suggestion last year to fire off shotgun blasts into the air.

“Just aim up in the air - that was his directive, his advice,” she
said. “Well, fine, Joe Squirt Gun, if your rapist is a bird.”

She also derided those who she said place an emphasis on political correctness in handling the country’s adversaries “instead of putting the fear of God in our enemies.”

She said later in her address that if “I were in charge” — a line that drew applause from the crowd — “they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/26/palin-waterboarding-how-wed-baptize-terrorists-her/#ixzz30CARoMfV
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The only shocking thing about her statement is that we have become so indoctrinated with political correctness that her statement seems shocking.  Sarah Palin has a knack for saying things that provoke exactly that response.

Offline sinkspur

Guess that means she's never running for political office ever again.   

That statement would doom her. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She makes catchy provocative soundbites for attention. Attention in turn sells books and speaking appearances.

She has adopted the Pat Buchanan career plan.

And when I repeatedly say "narrow, deep and loud" I have in mind Buchanan's 2000 run, where he got less than 1/2 of one percent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nobody knows what the future holds....(duh)   LOL!

Her statement wouldn't seem radical if it were said, say....October, 2001.

God forbid anything major happens in terms of an attack on our mainland....because Sarah will be able to say that she was into country before it was cool.

...and Lord knows we're due.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Her statement doesn't shock me, in fact I like it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

LOL!....these so-called "extremists"....their persona can change on a dime.

One big BOOM is all it takes.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

The only shocking thing about her statement is that we have become so indoctrinated with political correctness that her statement seems shocking.  Sarah Palin has a knack for saying things that provoke exactly that response.
:amen:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

For me, if she's not even going to try and get in the game, she shouldn't be talking about what she would do if she were President.  It's easy to say things like this to sell books and such, but it sets an impossible bar for those who actually will try and win the GOP primary. 

Offline MBB1984

Guess that means she's never running for political office ever again.   

That statement would doom her.

If that statement alone would doom her, (and you may be right), then the nation is already doomed.

Offline LottieDah

If that statement alone would doom her, (and you may be right), then the nation is already doomed.

We are already doomed and it is going to take more than St. Sarah to save America.

Online Lando Lincoln

Even if you fundamentally support waterboarding (I do), no serious candidate would express it in such a fashion. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

So do I!

Water boarding is nothing compared to what every Special Operator in any branch of the U.S. military endures in the course of his or her training and using it to get information we need to deal with terrorists from other terrorists should be routine IMHO!

If a group of thugs attacked your family and tried to get away with your children but only managed to get one of them while you and your friends managed to get one of the thugs would you water board that thug to find out where your child had been taken?

I sure as hell would and a lot more if necessary!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Americans. Always so gentle.  **nononono*

Glass of water with 500 mg Ergotatine in it. Dark room. 30 minutes. You get answers, fast.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Slide Rule

Amen to that.

Al
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Even if you fundamentally support waterboarding (I do), no serious candidate would express it in such a fashion.
Sarah Palin™ wasn't being a serious candidate. She was earning her speaking fees.

Online Lando Lincoln

Sarah Palin™ wasn't being a serious candidate. She was earning her speaking fees.

Correct
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

I respect that.  In fact, I admire that.

Being 'destroyed' by the MSM and the Left, she's found and filling a niche.

Being an advocate for any white American over 40.  And if you can do something you love....it's not work.  And she's getting paid for it.  And her celebrity grows.

If Jay Z and Beyonce are allowed to do that, why not Sarah?

Online Lando Lincoln

Being an advocate for any white American over 40.  And if you can do something you love....it's not work.  And she's getting paid for it.  And her celebrity grows.

Agreed.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Americans. Always so gentle.  **nononono*

Glass of water with 500 mg Ergotatine in it. Dark room. 30 minutes. You get answers, fast.

If it works I'm for it!

And to hell with delicate sensibilities!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

I agree DCP.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

I agree DCP.

:beer:

Great to see you back on the board, Lando! 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If it works I'm for it!

And to hell with delicate sensibilities!

Oh - it works, though I wanted some of the gear the Firm has to play with, several times! You do feel dirty as hell afterwards though, something that no shower washes off.

Still - we're not playing hopscotch here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Apparently nobody here' s bothered by the fact that Palin bastardizes the term "baptize," which has no meaning in the dictionary that doesn't refer to Christian baptism and the pouring of water to initiate a person into Christianity. 

So to say that she'd "baptize" terrorists by waterboarding them is appropriating a life-giving term and twisting it to fit a process that is an outlawed practice by anyone in any official capacity in the United States government.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

I completely agree.  The difference is that Jay-Z doesn't set up Super PACs and flirt from time to time about possibly being President.