Author Topic: NYC school plan to honor anti-war activist/pedophile leads to student uprising  (Read 691 times)

rangerrebew

NYC School Plan to Honor Anti-War Activist/Pedophile Leads to Student Uprising

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On April 23, 2014 @ 11:29 am In The Point | 24 Comments

Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary performed at Occupy Wall Street rallies, Anti-War rallies, John Kerry’s wedding and in Ho Chi Minh City to apologize for the Vietnam War.

“Now, I’m here with that history and came to Vietnam ready to get down on my knees as one American and say, ‘Please forgive us.’”

No word on whether Yarrow held a concert to apologize to the 14 year old girl he raped. Jimmy Carter gave him a presidential pardon for it… because Jimmy Carter was, until recently, the worst president ever.

“As reported at the time, the 14-year-old girl and her 17-year-old sister went to Yarrow’s hotel room seeking an autograph. “Yarrow answered the door naked and made sexual advances that stopped short of intercourse”. The 14-year-old resisted his advances but according to reports, did not call for help. Yarrow served three months of a one-to three-year prison sentence. In 1981 the singer received a Presidential pardoned from Jimmy Carter.  At the time of his pardon, Peter Yarrow was married to the niece of Democratic Senator Eugene J. McCarthy, which is believed how he received the pardon.”

Lefties are very forgiving when Party Members rape kids. Or as Peter Yarrow put it…

“You know, you make mistakes,” he says. “You feel terrible about it, make your amends. In that time, it was common practice.”

Unfortunately sometimes mean Republican people bring up Peter Yarrow’s rape of a 14-year-old girl.

At any rate, Mr. Yarrow believes he has paid his dues. “With the mean-spiritedness of our time, it gets hauled out as if it’s relevant. You don’t get a presidential pardon if you’re not doing great work, have paid your debts to society.”

Or unless you’re married to Eugene McCarthy’s niece.

When he campaigned for Sen. Kerry in 2004, the story once again came up — one Texas politician even canceled a fund-raising concert. “The price I pay,” Mr. Yarrow says.

Now sadly annoying people, kid people, are bringing up Mr. Yarrow’s minor mistake of raping a 14-year-old girl, now that La Guardia High School decided to honor him.

Folk singer and convicted sex offender Peter Yarrow will be honored by La Guardia HS for the Performing Arts next month, enraging parents and prompting a dozen “uncomfortable” students to refuse to sing for him.

“Is it even legal for him to be in a school?” fumed one parent of a teen at La Guardia, the Upper West Side institution immortalized in the 1980 movie “Fame.”

It is being billed as “Peace, Love, and the Power of Song/Celebrating Peter Yarrow,” who co-wrote the song “Puff the Magic Dragon.’’

Yarrow said in a statement to The Post on Monday that he was grateful for the pardon he received from President Jimmy Carter in 1981 and “I hope that my contrition and my efforts to help humanity over the years will allow me a measure of the public’s forgiveness.”

Thank you Jimmy Carter. Still somehow in contention for the Worst President Ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/nyc-school-plan-to-honor-anti-war-activistpedophile-leads-to-student-uprising/

Online mountaineer

Andrea Peyser, NY Post
Peter Yarrow, the Guest of Dishonor
...     Yarrow served three months of a one- to three-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to taking “indecent liberties’’ with the girl. In 1981, the singer was pardoned by then-President Jimmy Carter on his last day in office.

Why did a president pardon a pedophile? Was it because Yarrow was married at the time to the niece of the late Democratic Sen. Eugene McCarthy?

Yarrow has repeatedly made excuses for his behavior. “You feel terrible about it, make your amends,’’ he told the Baltimore Jewish Times in 2006. “In that time, it was common practice, unfortunately — the whole groupie thing.’’

His “groupie’’ was a child!

La Guardia is in an uproar, The Post’s Josh Saul first reported. One parent called the decision to celebrate Yarrow “disgusting.’’ A student wrote on the Facebook page for the school’s vocal majors that she’d been informed by a teacher that any kid who felt uncomfortable could refuse to perform at the gala. Early this week, 10 boys and two girls did just that.

Yarrow attended the HS of Music and Art before it merged in 1984 with the HS of Performing Arts — the setting for the 1980 film “Fame.’’ It was renamed the Fiorello H. La Guardia HS of Music & Art and Performing Arts. Notable grads include actors Jennifer Aniston, Ellen Barkin and Al Pacino.

Yarrow committed his dastardly crime more than four decades ago. But experts contend that sexual predators are rarely, if ever, cured.

In a statement released to The Post, Yarrow said, in part, “I hope my contrition and my efforts to help humanity over the years will allow me a measure of the public’s forgiveness.’’

“He has taken responsibility for his actions, paid his dues to society and showed remorse for what happened,’’ reads a statement from Melinda Moore, co-president of La Guardia’s Parents Association.

Protect the children. The school should honor someone else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

His excuse sounds a lot like Madam Clinton's on Benghazi: "I've repented, said I'm sorry, so what possible difference does it make now?" :3: