Author Topic: NY Rep. Michael Grimm Surrenders Following Indictment  (Read 366 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NY Rep. Michael Grimm Surrenders Following Indictment
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:43:33 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/york-rep-michael-grimm-surrenders-indictment/story?id=23496040

NY Rep. Michael Grimm Surrenders Following Indictment
April 28, 2014
Byh AARON KATERSKY

New York Congressman Michael Grimm surrendered to federal authorities today after being indicted on campaign finance violations.

Grimm, a Republican from New York City's borough of Staten Island, had gained notoriety when he was caught on tape after the State of the Union speech earlier this year threatening to throw a reporter off the Capitol's balcony and said he would "break you in half, like a boy."

Grimm, a former FBI agent, was indicted on charges of fraud, obstruction and perjury.

A spokesman for the congressman said today, “We are disappointed by the government's decision, but hardly surprised. From the beginning, the government has pursued a politically driven vendetta against Congressman Grimm and not an independent search for the truth. Congressman Grimm asserts his innocence of any wrongdoing."

The statement dismissed any suggestion that Grimm would resign.

"When the dust settles, he will be vindicated. Until then, he will continue to serve his constituents with the same dedication and tenacity that has characterized his lifetime of public service as a Member of Congress, Marine Corps combat veteran, and decorated FBI Special Agent," the statement said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: NY Rep. Michael Grimm Surrenders Following Indictment
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 01:54:31 pm »
I'm a firm believer that anyone who abuses his office responsibilities to the American people, as he is charged, should get 50 years in prison with no possibility of parole.  While it wouldn't stop it all, I'll bet it would be a severe wet blanket on abuse of office.

Offline PzLdr

Re: NY Rep. Michael Grimm Surrenders Following Indictment
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 04:15:32 pm »
I'm a firm believer that anyone who abuses his office responsibilities to the American people, as he is charged, should get 50 years in prison with no possibility of parole.  While it wouldn't stop it all, I'll bet it would be a severe wet blanket on abuse of office.

Throw in forfeiture of ALL assets, and I'm down with it.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee