Author Topic: Bob Schieffer: Romney May Run if Jeb Bush Doesn't  (Read 735 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bob Schieffer: Romney May Run if Jeb Bush Doesn't
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:33:58 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=568049

Newsmax
Bob Schieffer: Romney May Run if Jeb Bush Doesn't
Monday, April 28, 2014 08:18 AM

By: Drew MacKenzie

Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney may take another run at the White House, "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said.

The veteran CBS newsman said that despite Romney’s repeated claims that he’s not interested in joining the GOP race for 2016, the ex-Massachusetts governor could run if former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush opts against seeking the nomination.

"I have a source that told me that if Jeb Bush decides not to run, that Mitt Romney may actually try it again," Schieffer said during a panel discussion on the CBS Sunday morning news show.

After his loss to President Barack Obama in 2012, Romney stepped out of the spotlight for more than a year. But in recent weeks he’s re-emerged on the political scene in a prelude to the November elections while becoming a speaker at GOP fundraisers.

The Washington Post reported that Romney and Bush have similar moderate positions on foreign and domestic policy, and have the approval of the GOP establishment while still not being seen as conservative enough for right-wing tea party supporters.

Romney has taken Obama to task on his handling of the crisis in Ukraine while criticizing him for Obamacare and saying that the president has been "groping" for an agenda in his second term.

Romney has also endorsed 16 candidate in the 2014 elections, most of whom are long-term supporters who backed his losing campaign against Obama, the Post reported.

Bush, the son of President George H.W. Bush and brother of President George W. Bush, had been seen in March as the GOP candidate most likely to beat Democrat Hillary Clinton in a race of the White House.

But he angered many conservatives recently by declaring that it’s "an act of love" when immigrants slip into the U.S. illegally to help their struggling families.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Bob Schieffer: Romney May Run if Jeb Bush Doesn't
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 12:34:57 pm »
"I have a source that told me ..."
Oh, well, then it must be true.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 01:48:05 pm »
The new Romney campaign slogans:  I didn't have enough fire in my belly last time, but boy do I have it this time!  Give Willard another chance!  The third time's a charm!  Obama was tough, Hillary is easy!  Are you in the 47%?

Frankly, I am tired of the losers.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:55:50 pm »
The new Romney campaign slogans:  I didn't have enough fire in my belly last time, but boy do I have it this time!  Give Willard another chance!  The third time's a charm!  Obama was tough, Hillary is easy!  Are you in the 47%?

Frankly, I am tired of the losers.

Yep. I liked Romney. I thought he would have done a reasonable job, which would be 10,000 times better than what we have now. But, Romney doesn't want it enough, and will run if he thinks the field has been cleared for him. Just what we need, a president who only wants the job if it's handed to him on a platter.

No thanks.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 02:19:26 am »
I'm of two minds on this.  He would definitely make a good president, but he definitely has negatives coming from 2012.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 12:27:27 pm »
I'm of two minds on this.  He would definitely make a good president, but he definitely has negatives coming from 2012.

Yes and yes.  I think in 2012 his understanding of the free markets and economics made him the right choice.  I still think so.  But he did step on it a few times and some of those just won't go away.  And he's just not a solid tough campaigner.  Jeb is thinking about running because he believes Christie's goose is cooked, and now Romney's toying with the idea because he thinks Jeb isn't serious.  They are all three looking to bring in voting blocs other potential GOP candidates couldn't.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 01:29:51 am »
That's all we need, a new Harold Stassen...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:59 am »
That's all we need, a new Harold Stassen...

If at first you don't succeed.... 0005
It's the Supreme Court nominations!