Author Topic: UK: Churchill quotation gets Liberty GB leader Paul Weston arrested  (Read 516 times)

Offline kevindavis007

When Pamela Geller and I were barred from entering Britain last year, many people who realized how ridiculous that ban was pointed out that Winston Churchill, because of the quote below, would not be welcome in Britain today — an idea which was met with the usual Leftist/Islamic supremacist response of derision and ridicule. But here is proof that those who made this observation were absolutely right.

If there is any genuine resistance in Britain today against jihad terror and Islamic supremacism, it will now champion Paul Weston’s cause. We’ll see. I suspect that more likely the leading “counter-jihadists” in Dhimmi Britannia will pick at Weston’s past statements, saying he wasn’t right just here or just there, and throw him to the wolves.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/04/uk-churchill-quotation-gets-liberty-gb-leader-paul-weston-arrested

Why do I have a feeling that there is more to the story....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:02:47 pm by kevindavis »
"If we die, we want people to accept it. We're in a risky business, and we hope that if anything happens to us it will not delay the program. The conquest of space is worth the risk of life."

Gus Grissom

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: UK: Churchill quotation gets Liberty GB leader Paul Weston arrested
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:04:33 am »
I've said this before, and I'll repeat it.

Not long after the World Trade Center attacks, I believe that the English might be the last holdouts against insurgent islam in Western Europe. But after watching the events of the past dozen years, I wouldn't be surprised if Britain were one of the first nations to fall before the islamic putsch.

Scotland better vote itself out of the UK, and hurry up about it!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:37:49 am »
"We shall hide under the bleachers, we shall hide under our mattresses, we shall hide in our cellars and basements, we shall hide in our trees; we shall never come out again." -  Post Churchill England
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:18:32 am »
Here's the underlying story:

Today Paul Weston, chairman of the party Liberty GB and candidate in the 22 May European Elections in the South East, has been arrested in Winchester.

At around 2pm Mr Weston was standing on the steps of Winchester Guildhall, addressing the passers-by in the street with a megaphone.  He quoted the following excerpt about Islam from the book The River War by Winston Churchill:

“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!  Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.  The effects are apparent in many countries.  Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.  A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.  The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.  Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the faith:  all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.  No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.  Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith.”

Reportedly a woman came out of the Guildhall and asked Mr Weston if he had the authorisation to make this speech.  When he answered that he didn’t, she told him “It’s disgusting!” and then called the police.

Six or seven officers arrived.  They talked with the people standing nearby, asking questions about what had happened.  The police had a long discussion with Mr Weston, lasting about 40 minutes.

At about 3pm he was arrested.  They searched him, put him in a police van and took him away.

The only disgusting thing here is that one can be arrested for merely speaking words that some find offensive.  Thank the Lord above for the First Amendment, because freedom of speech - to be followed along by freedom of thought - seems to be fading away in England.  What a shame.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 06:08:18 am »
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

67 million people crammed into a space about the size of New Jersey - we get a bit testy about noise.

Besides - he's done it as a deliberate ploy. If I meet him - he'd best be bleeping grateful for socialized medicine. He's effectively called 7 of my grand children sub human as they are mixed race. That irritates me.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:33:25 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink