Author Topic: Maher again bites the that feeds him, rips 'political correctness nazis'  (Read 462 times)

rangerrebew

Maher Again Bites Hand That Feeds Him, Rips 'Political Correctness Nazis'

By Jack Coleman

Created 04/26/2014 - 9:05pm

Left-wing court jester Bill Maher has shown a delightful willingness to insult other liberals, such as when he went after them as apologists for Joe Stalin, MSNBC's obsession with Bridgegate, and Michelle Obama sounding awkwardly similar to GOP congressman Paul Ryan.

Last night the pattern continued, though this time Maher made sure to malign conservatives even more, lest anyone get the wrong impression. (Video after the jump)

Maher appears determined to prove he's an equal-opportunity offender and no potential target is off limits --

That is not the only trick Republicans have up their sleeve. Even more than cheating, what Republicans have done is tap into the deep, rich vein of cultural resentment that runs through America's heartland like an artery clogged with hate butter. And liberals, to be fair, sometimes make it pretty easy for them to do that.

When Gwyneth Paltrow said her divorce was a 'conscious uncoupling', even I wanted to jump in a truck, crank up the Lynyrd Skynyrd and shoot up a farmers' market.

And as a comedian, I don't like it when political correctness Nazis hound me to censor every joke, apologize for every slight, and when I have to learn how to pronounce words like 'chi' and 'quinoa', I just want to shove a head of kale up their ass. They mean well, but sometimes when I'm at Whole Foods, I don't want to sign petitions and give to charity. I just want to go in and get a $15 lentil sandwich that'll make me fart for a week.

I also, for example, think it's ridiculous that Facebook has now decided we have to choose in our profile from 56 different genders, including transgender, cisgender and, of course, Bruce Gender.

You know that I almost ate at Chick-Fil-A just because so many people were telling me I shouldn't eat at Chick-Fil-A. But then I remembered, it's Chick-Fil-A.

But even atheists make me roll my eyes sometimes, like when they sue to have a cross taken down from a building. Oh for f*** sake, we're atheists, not vampires. (Best line of the rant). If you can't handle seeing a cross now and then, you picked the wrong country.

So I get it, liberals can get obnoxious and that's why lots of Americans say we don't want politicians nagging about what we can name our football team or how big our soda can be or what we can eat or who we've offended. We have wives for that! But don't cut off your nose to spite your face. One of the Republicans' strongest voting blocs is low-income whites who didn't go to college (... and pursue degrees in art history). These are people who desperately need a minimum wage hike, need unions, they need health care -- but not if it's got Obama's name on it. (Recall how Republicans rolled over when health reform had the Clintons' name on it).

Remember, for every liberal with a cause who makes you go, oh just shoot me, there's a conservative with a gun who will.

Not bad as Maher rants go, even with that shabby dig at the end from a man who has no problem with gun ownership -- providing he's the one packing heat.

http://newsbusters.org/print/71680
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:05:27 pm by rangerrebew »