Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: Religious Faith Means Caring for Others  (Read 997 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Clinton: Religious Faith Means Caring for Others
« on: April 27, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/26/Hillary-Clinton-Religious-Faith-Means-Caring-for-Others

by Warner Todd Huston 27 Apr 2014, 3:45 AM PDT

Speaking before a convention of Methodist women, Hillary Clinton explained that her definition of Christianity essentially means caring for others.

Clinton appeared before the United Methodist Women's Assembly on Saturday, April 26, and told those gathered what her religious faith means to her.

She claimed that growing up she struggled to reconcile her Navy veteran father's stern view of self-reliance with her mother's more compassionate views. She felt that the story of how Jesus fed 5,000 worshippers with only five loaves of bread and two fish was her guiding Biblical theme.

"The disciples come to Jesus and suggest they send away the people to find food to fend for themselves. But Jesus said, 'No. You feed them.' He was teaching a lesson about the responsibility we all share," Clinton told the crowd.

The "author" of the 1996 book "It Takes a Village," former Obama Secretary of State, and possible Democrat candidate for President in 2016 also used the forum to push for a hike in the minimum wage. She raised the theme of "equal pay" for women, as well.

Warming to her theme of the "inequality" of women in our society, Clinton lamented that women don't just face a "ceiling" in their careers but it is "as if the floor is collapsing beneath them" because of the unfairness they face. "These are our sisters, our daughters, granddaughters. Some are hungry, not just for nutritious food but for opportunity, for chance to thrive, for their own piece of the American dream," Clinton said at the religious gathering.

The one-time First Lady also told the crowd that she "loved" the church she attended as a young girl.

"I love that church. I love how it made me feel about myself," Clinton told the crowd. "I love the doors that it opened in my understanding of the world, I loved the way it helped to deepen my faith and ground it."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Hillary Clinton: Religious Faith Means Caring for Others
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 05:36:05 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:40 pm »
Hillary Clinton: Religious Faith Means Caring for Others

She is absolutely right.

It doesn't however, mean that the government should take from us to do whatever they consider to be helpful to others.

Religious faith means DIRECTLY caring for others, stemming from your own free desire to do so.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:59:08 pm »
All of the sudden she has discovered Religion..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 07:00:34 pm »
She is absolutely right.

It doesn't however, mean that the government should take from us to do whatever they consider to be helpful to others.

Religious faith means DIRECTLY caring for others, stemming from your own free desire to do so.

Unless it's 'religious' faith used only to promote your TRUE faith........ radical leftist politics.

Scripture never tells government to care for the poor.  Jesus didn't tell Caesar to care for the poor.

It is we, as individuals who are commanded to care for those in need.

Hillary is morally confused....... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:43:00 pm »
Unless it's 'religious' faith used only to promote your TRUE faith........ radical leftist politics.

Scripture never tells government to care for the poor.  Jesus didn't tell Caesar to care for the poor.

It is we, as individuals who are commanded to care for those in need.

Hillary is morally confused.......
Jesus also notes: "The poor you will always have with you." (This was in response to Judas Iscariot's insistence that perfume a woman doused Jesus with could have easily been sold and used to give to the poor.)

The concept that the government of our times has, as if we can somehow eradicate poverty by taking other people's money, behaved much like Judas Iscariot. One of the things that angered Jesus most was thievery: he overturned tables at the Temple for it. One of the people who he sought to have repent was a tax collector (Zacchaeus). When a crowd of four thousand heard that he had fed five thousand a few days before, they assembled, only to have them endure three days of Jesus making esoteric commands, as if to weed out those simply seeking free stuff.

The idea of personal charity to the poor is not the same as the government's idea of using its power of coercive taxation to fund a permanent underclass.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »
Halleluya! Hillary has seen the light! lol I was blind, but now I see!

The thing about Leftists when they 'claim' rligion, is that they shape it to mean whatever they want it to mean.

When a leftist talks about 'caring for others', you can bet they are not talking about Jesus, what they are talking about is taking 'your' money to do it. Never their own money. It is always your money that they are interested in.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 08:40:32 pm »
Will he campaign in that green Mao jacket again?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 08:51:40 pm »
Jesus also notes: "The poor you will always have with you." (This was in response to Judas Iscariot's insistence that perfume a woman doused Jesus with could have easily been sold and used to give to the poor.)

The concept that the government of our times has, as if we can somehow eradicate poverty by taking other people's money, behaved much like Judas Iscariot. One of the things that angered Jesus most was thievery: he overturned tables at the Temple for it. One of the people who he sought to have repent was a tax collector (Zacchaeus). When a crowd of four thousand heard that he had fed five thousand a few days before, they assembled, only to have them endure three days of Jesus making esoteric commands, as if to weed out those simply seeking free stuff.

The idea of personal charity to the poor is not the same as the government's idea of using its power of coercive taxation to fund a permanent underclass.

goopo
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.